Chapter 3

I quickly threw my hair up into a messy bun and slipped my slippers on. I strutted out of my room and down the stairs to leave and go see what Anthony is up to. Funny, he wasn't home yesterday and neither were his parents and Layla. I guess they stayed at a family house overnight. I was out most of the day yesterday over at Judy's house until my date at seven with Quintin then he took me straight home.

Last night was... okay. I mean, it was totally fun to hang out with Quintin, but it wasn't as much fun as I have ever had with Anthony. My mind was on him a lot yesterday, though. I felt bad since I would sometimes block out from Quintin and think of Anthony. But I was surprised to see that after he dropped me off, he kissed my cheek. I felt like I could explode, but I was disappointed once again when he didn't ask me to be his girlfriend yet.

But now it is morning and I am going to see Anthony and ask how the family reunion went. I walked out of my house closing the door behind me and jogged over to Anthony's house. I knocked on the door a few times and whistled to myself, waiting for someone to answer the door.

After a few moments of nothing, I knocked again, but still, no one came. My eyebrows went together in confusion as I crawled behind a bush that was in front of the window and peeked in though the slight of the curtains. I put my hands against the window to block out the sun. Hmm, the living room is completely empty.

Where are they?

I turned around and looked down the street to see if Claire or Joe's car was around, but I never saw it.

I took my cell phone out from my back pocket and texted Anthony, asking if he was home.

--MONDAY--

I was getting a little worried.

I dropped my school bag on the couch when I got home from school--not to mention I had to ride the freaking bus-- and made my way up to my room.

Where the hell is Anthony? Where is his little sister and parents?

He didn't come to school today and no one has heard from him at all ever since Friday. Did something happen to him? Did he and his family get into a car accident and no one has found the car since it could possibly be in a ditch somewhere?

Oh, look at me! I am just being paranoid. I threw my body on my bed and took out my cell phone. I got one text from Quintin and two from Judy, one of them being a forward. I sighed to myself and checked them. I texted Anthony at least five times and called him twice, but I haven't gotten anything in return.

But... is it wrong for me to worry?

No.

So, where the hell is my best friend at?

--WEDNESDAY--

"Sarah, you have to stop stressing over this." Judy said when she looked up from her book and saw me pacing in my room as I bit down on my nails. I couldn't stop from moving though, I was freaking out! Jeez, I can actually feel my heart beat in my ears! It's been like this for the past two days! I am really worried about Anthony and his family.

"I can't!" I said, throwing my hands in the air. "Anthony hasn't been in school for the past three days and I haven't seen him in five! He won't text me back and when I try to call him, his phone would go straight to voice mail. Judy, I am really worried," I said sitting down on the bed next to her.

She put her book down and went to her best friend mood, "I know, I am also worried... everyone is. But all the teachers said that his family went on a last minute vacation."