Chapter 12

I kept looking behind me every five seconds at our paranoia and just knowing that hungry wolves are out here doesn't help. Anthony better be lucky that he is my best friend or else I would have gone back to the party.

"Okay Sarah, times up." Quintin said, grabbing my hand.

"Wait, five more minutes." I begged, looking around. I know I'm going to regret this, "Anthony where are you-" I was cut off when Quintin wrapped his hands around my mouth and I mumbled behind them for him to move them.

"Don't do that." He whispered in a hushed voice, "God knows that the wolf we heard is close."

He moved his hand, "But Quintin, please-"

He shook his head, "No, even I'm sure that Anthony went back to the party when he realized how stupid it was for him to come out here in the first place. He will be fine, he is a big boy, I promise."

"But-"

He just shook his head, closed his eyes, and his lips made a tight line showing off his annoyance. I know that he is right when he said to go back, but something in my gut is telling me that he is still out here. Why haven't we found or heard him? I tried calling his phone, it rang and then went to voice mail.

I looked around one last time and sighed, "Okay, fine. We will go back-"

We heard something coming. It sounded like something really heavy running our way and then we heard a growl.

"Shit." Quintin cursed and ran, dragging me with him. Sadly I wasn't a runner like him and I was slowing him down and wearing flats wasn't helping. I tried to do my best to run so I wouldn't become Some wild wolfs dinner.

A couple moments later I was panting, and felt tired. My foot had gotten caught on a vine that was halfway sticking out of the ground and I tripped falling down. I failed to keep quiet and squealed. Quintin placed his hands around my waist helping me up and that's when we heard that the growling was even closer than before.

Quintin cursed once more and led us over to a tree to rest, "I need you to do something for me, climb as high as you can!" he said quickly helping me climb onto the first branch. I quickly made the process of climbing upward when I heard the growl that I feared was so close to me. My blood instantly went cold as I heard the scream from Quintin piercing through my ears.

I took a deep breath and looked down at Quintin and saw that the wolf was there, circling around him. Quintin was on his hands and knees, trying to remain as still as possible, and I saw that he was clearly shaking. Hell I was even shaking for him! For fear of what was about to happen.

I bit my lower lip and my eyes showed so much fear. I wanted to scream for help, but I knew that was a horrible idea. No one would even hear me, we are too far into the woods.

The wolf was pretty big. Gigantic even. His fur was black and had some gray-ish-white fur on his sides and stomach. When I looked at his eyes, I noticed that they were gray, almost white. He just kept circling around Quintin eyeing him carefully. He would growl for a few seconds and I saw that the color from Quintins face drain as he stopped a few feet away from his face.

The wolf bared its pointy teeth at Quintin, snipped him and he jerked backwards. The wolf jerked his head up and Quintin just looked confusingly at him. The wolf growled and with his eyes, he looked at Quintins feet and again jerked his head up.

Quintin stood still for a few moments, deciding on what he should do. He licked his dried lips and as slow as anyone can ever move, he got up on his feet... The wolf watching his every move.

I swear that my fingers were digging into the bark of the tree when the wolf had stepped forward to Quintin.

Knowing that it was stupid, and that I may regret it... I yelled, "Hey, over here! Look up here!"