Dangerous

Eric

I waited for the donation center workers to give me my paper work for a while after making a donation. We donated the majority of her furniture, especially the furniture in the Baby's room, and a lot of clothes. We decided to keep the majority of the furniture in the penthouse and keep the penthouse all together. I headed back to Amari's to do a final walk through with Jaime.  I was nervous about being alone with her because I know she had a lot to say. While she was less vocal than Nikki and I would be more receptive to what she had to say I didn't have time to hear it. It was 8:45 am and after leaving Amari's spot I had to be at the house to let the cable company and electricians at the house. Traffic was light and made getting across town. A breeze. I pulled right up to the rental office and hopped out. Entering the office Jaimie was wrapping up a phone call. I stood by the door and looked around the office as she hung up.

"You ready for the big move?" She said grabbing a folder off her desk and meeting me at the door.

"As ready as I will ever be." I said opening the door for her and walking down to Amari's building.

"I'm glad y'all were able to figure it out. She... Mar is just afraid." She said confirming everything I already knew.

"Is she the only ones that can be afraid?" I asked. As much as I wanted to leave it at that I couldn't. The comment slipped out of my mouth.

"Absolutely not." She said as we got to the building door. I laughed as I opened the door and followed her to Amari's door.

"Exactly. I expect you to be on her side." I said as she opened the door. The apartment was indeed empty. She walked over to the kitchen, pulled out of pain and open the file folder. She began to write on the page before going through all of the kitchen cabinets and refrigerators to check if everything was on the up and up.

"She is my sister but she has been wrong. She has been like this since Tyson went away." She said looking at the stove and checking the burners.

"This?" I asked wanting her to specify.

"They were best friends. Where you had to go away she couldn't handle it. She didn't trust anybody especially not a Nigga. Then she went to school and met X. You know the story." She said stoping short of her point. Jaimie walked through the living room and checked the carpets and light switches.

"Nah I don't." I said leaning on the door as she did her thing.

"A nigga will do everything in the beginning and then, all at once, he stops. But then he isn't just any Nigga... he is like a top ten draft pick and it happens in front of everyone..."

"Yeah I heard that shit before." I said cutting her off. I was so tired of this story. At this point I could tell it forwards and backwards.

"Saying that to say, it didn't start with him. It started with Tyson but before him it was her dad. She trust you more than you know." She said heading to both of the bedrooms. Since our conversation had paused I took the time to check on the bedroom furniture. No matter what I needed to make sure that the basics in essentials were in the house before moving Amari and Aden.

"Everything looks good." She said. I pulled the keys to the apartment out of my pocket and placed them in her hand.

"So when are y'all moving in?" She asked.

"When ever we want. It's ours, we have the keys. But I'm getting some furniture and stuff delivered today so she can be comfortable before I fly out to New York."

"New York?" She said nodding her head. I never doubted that she told her sister and best friend everything about my time in New York. I knew that was Nikki here and she was key in tracking my movements.