Cold Shower

Amari
August 3
11:22am

"Ameera Simone Graham and Elle Sade Graham were born on June 29 at 7:24 and 7:39 am." I said reading the format for the Birth announcement. We decided to kind of goes the world and hadn't posted any pictures or let much of anyone know that the babies were here.

"Sounds good to me." He said. Neither of us for sure if they need to be some big grand paragraph or not but we did decide that we were saying it's a family first before posting to social media. At this point people had already done the math and figured out that I had given birth we just haven't seen the babies only their names.

I paused to watch him changed Elle's diaper. He was adamant about being able to tell them apart. Anything that had anything to do with Ameera was pink while Elle's color was purple.

"Are you going to let me touch them?" I asked.

"Ummm you carried them for nine months... it's my turn now." He said causing me too burst in to laughter.

"And you are dead serious!" I said still laughing. One thing that I can say is that I haven't had to wake up at three in the morning to change the diaper or do a feeding. He upgraded my car because he told me my baby Benz wasn't good enough for his babies anymore.

"Mar I know how different and difficult this pregnancy was for you. You did all the hard work so it's time and let me put in some effort" He said continuing to justify why he allowed me to do the bare minimum. I was afraid that the energy he had towards me keeping and giving birth to these babies will change what they were here but it's been going on for weeks and he has continue to show how much it means to him that they are here.

"You have a meeting today..." I said.

"In an hour actually. So they are all yours." He said walking over to me and placing Elle in my arms.

"What did I do to get so lucky?" I asked. I let my mind reflect the times where I wasn't sure if I deserve to be their mother. I thought about how I knew that Eric was going to be a great father and couldn't imagine expecting anything less.

"When you find out let me know." He said bringing me Ameera who was asleep. He placed her in one the bassinet that sat on either side of the nursing chair. He handed me the remote to the TV he put in the nursery just for me.

"Is the meeting in the office?" I asked as he looked at his watch.

"Yeah. I'm going to take a shower and get dressed." He said before kissing my lips.

"Have fun."

"I would ask you if you want to come but..." he paused before leaving but let me see the smirk on his face. I laughed as he walked away because I'm sure that some one in that office figured it out by now. I was on leave and he hadn't been in the office since since my leave started. On top of that, I was approved to be completely remote with the option to comeback if I wanted to without going through the proper channels.

"I don't think I ever will." I said thinking about how our relationship will get even more serious that it ever has. At some point  I will have to stand publicly with him especially with his status in the company.

Eric

"Two girls." I said to the sons of the other board members.

"You got a house full now huh?" Junior asked.

"I guess I do." I said as Vaughn's fathers asked about Gia.

"She is good. Spoiled rotten but she is good." I said.

"When do we get to meet the lovely lady?I heard someone say.

"Hopefully he brings her to my party." My father said. Who won out to celebrate the fact that he was stepping down and I was stepping up. It was going to be a joyous occasion and something that I know he may have already talk to her about. Never gonna be about 300 of my father's closest friends at the event, it will be covered by press, and require a lot on her part.