Part 4- Ezra The Healer

My eyes fluttered open and immediately squeezed back shut when the sunlight pulsed into my eyes, giving me a throbbing headache. Groaning, I pushed myself up. What happened? And where was I? I was lying in a spotless white bed with blue sheets covering me. The walls were covered in apothecary shelves; hundreds of tiny square drawers filled with bottles of elixirs, I think. A chandelier of jeweled lights hung from the low ceiling and the window at the far end made me see a waterfall crash into a lagoon. This was definitely not my room. Mine is like a rubbish dump of all kinds. This place was so neat, I could see my reflection on the floor!

A tingling sensation on my torso caught my attention and I looked down. My eyes widened so big because my torso was on FIRE! "AHH I'M ON FIRE!" I shrieked. I looked around desperately for a fire extinguisher, but surprisingly, the fire never harmed me. It flickered and danced around, and instead of traditional yellow or orange fire, this fire was a soft rosy color, like the color of a peach. I lay back down in bed and let the fire do it's work. 

"How's the pain?" asked an unfamiliar voice. I shrieked again as someone stepped out of the far corner of the room. Her blonde hair was tied into two ponytails wrapped in white netting. She wore a white spotless dress that never showed a crease, tied with a black ribbon. The hat she had on her head was white with a red cross painted in the center. The gears in my head went turning, a red cross seemed so familiar.

She cleared her throat. "How's the pain?" she repeated. I had to think about it. "Not bad, not better," I replied. The woman smiled, and it lit up her entire face. Then it faded and she quickly bowed to me. "Introductions first," she said. "The name's Ezra. Ezra Woods." My eyeballs rolled to the side of their sockets. "So...Ezra, where am I?" I asked. Ezra smirked. "I won't tell," she said. "Actually, I can't tell." I furrowed my eyebrows at her, who did she think she was talking to? Her blue eyes flashed and she laughed. "Sorry, couldn't help it. Your in the healing center in somewhere you may wanna visit soon." I cracked my head. "Somewhere I wanna visit?"

She paused. "Oops, said too much," she muttered. "Well, let's treat that wound." She grabbed a vial from the side of my bed, it looked like a bug smoothie. I stared at the murky liquid inside. "Drink," she urged. Sighing, I downed the bottle and gagged, it actually tasted like a bug smoothie. "Thanks Ezra," I muttered. She smiled.

"EZRA! COME NOW!" yelled someone outside. Why did it sound so familiar? I couldn't think about it. "SORRY!" she yelled back. Then she turned back. "Gotta go," she said. "Try to sleep now." With a grand bow, she hurried out. The tingling of the fire did make me tired, and soon I blacked out before I knew it.