Prologue

"Your name is Y/n L/n and I am your mother."

It feels like yesterday, the day that felt like it was my first time meeting my own mother again. It gave me such a strange feeling, because I clearly do not have any memories of her, other than meeting her in a hospital.

"Hey, watch it, bitch!" I was so lost in my own thoughts that I didn't see her coming. I was walking down the hallway with nothing on my mind. I bumped into a girl with such a furious expression. I just lowered my head and continued on my way.

I sighed. I kept having this nightmare. And it always revolves around this guy with long blond hair. His lashes are the same color as well, and his eyes are as blue as the sky. By the way I describe him, he might sound angelic. But he was a nightmare in my own dream.

Soon after, I reached my classroom. It was silent from the outside and the door was closed. suspicious, I thought. I decided to shake those thoughts away and slide open the door. That's when I felt a bucket fall on my head as the coldest water was splash all over me. The laughter of the whole class came after.

I removed the bucket from my head as I looked at them with boredom in my eyes. Then my glance shifted to my clothes. They were all wet. Oh, my backpack was also wet. That's when I turned my back on them and just started walking towards the ladies restroom.

Bullying isn't new to me. I've been experiencing this for the past two years. Ever since rumor spread that I'm a prostitute, I started loosing friends and started earning dirty glances from everyone. It feels like the world turn its back at me. I felt so empty after that incident, and I still am. But all I could do for now is to move forward.

Before I could even step inside the ladies' restroom, I was pushed back by tons of girls, I heard squealing. I fell to the ground as they didn't even notice that they accidentally pushed me. Instead, I looked in front of me and saw a crowd of girls. I shake my head. I forgot that there would be a famous basketball player transferring today. That's probably why there's chaos.

"Are you okay?"

I was stunned after hearing such a familiar voice. It was my first time hearing it, but it seemed very familiar. I tilted my head up and saw a hand offering to help me stand up. Everyone was silent, and that's when I met eyes with ocean blue eyes with pink eyelashes. They were beautiful, but the way his eyes lost their sparkle as soon as we met eyes made me confused.

And before I could reach for his hand, he took it back as the guy stood there with a pair of fuming eyes looking down at me. Seconds later, the laughter of the girls surrounding him filled the whole hallway.

"Piece of shit." And with that, he started walking away. And those girls started tailing him, of course.

I bite my lower lips to prevent myself from crying as I pick myself up. I dusted my clothes as I just walked over to the restroom. I couldn't help but think that he had just arrived here and yet already knew the rumor. The power of rumors indeed.

***

I was sitting in the cafeteria when Chloe and her friends came to approach me. They had this stupid smirk on their faces as they walked towards me. I rolled my eyes as I thought of the humiliation I might get after this.

So I picked up my tray and decided to leave the cafeteria. That's when I realized that someone was behind me, so I bumped into the person's chest, causing me to lose balance.

"Y-yukimi?" A girl with pale skin and jet black hair that reaches her waist was shocked to see me. I noticed her three black piercings right away.

"Katana, I didn't notice you were there." Chloe stopped her tracks as she saw the tall girl in front of me. Chloe then awkwardly smiled as her eyes were looking for a way out of this situation.