Chapter 6

"Oh my God, Y/n! What happened to you? You're soaking wet!" My mom instantly went to go get a towel for me as soon as I got inside the house and she sees me all wet. I wouldn't deny the fact that I'm shivering because of how cold it is, but I had fun today. I had so much fun with Akashi, and that's one thing that I will probably treasure until my last breath.

"I'm fine, mom. Don't worry too much." I wrapped myself up with the towel that she handed me, I then walked towards the bathroom to shower.

My mom tends to worry about me a lot, to the point that its too much. I get that she's overprotective and she doesn't wanna see me hurting, but like I said.. sometimes its too much.

About her conflict with Akashi yesterday, I never bothered asking any questions because I didn't wanna trigger something. I wanted to ask her how they met, or how they know each other.. but I don't have the courage to do so. So, I maintain my silence.

"Did that guy talked to you?" Mom asked from the outside of the bathroom. I paused for a bit, not knowing if I should lie or not. But I guess the best way to do for now is to lie. I can't tell her that I agreed to go out with him and we even kissed.

"No, mom. I didn't get to see him the whole day." I don't lie to my mom at all. And I don't like the idea of lying, but this time.. it feels different, as if I needed to lie to protect the friendship I have with Akashi.

"That's good, don't ever come near that man. He's no good for you."

My lips formed in a line as I looked down. He's no good for me? Why does it feel like she knows something about him that I don't know?

What's with the feeling of doubting my own mother now? Why do I feel a certain way? There's so many questions in my head that I'm eager to be answered, but at the same time.. there's fear that makes me just want to forget everything that happened and move forward.

Most importantly, why did Katana asked me that question?

***

"This is for table number two." Art said as she handed me two cocktails. I carefully placed them on top of the tray I was holding as I proceed to serve them to the given table number.

"I'll beat the shit out of him next time." Our customers were having a conversation when I placed their drink at the table. It seems like this isn't their first glass.

"Here's your drink, enjoy." I gave them a smile before turning back. And that's when I heard the word 'stop' from one of the people sitting there. Actually, there's only two people sitting there.

"May I help you?" I asked, giving them a smile once again. We must stay polite here, even if some customers are rude or worst, creeps.

"Can you sit here for a moment?" He taps the space beside him.

"I apologize, sir. But I work as a server, if you'd like I can call one of the girls to come here and entertain you."

Yes, I still work as a waitress here at a club. Even if the rumor already spread like a disease, I still continue to work here during weekends. I wanted to help my mom even for the small amount of salary I get.

"I said come here." He said in a monotone voice as he looks directly into my eyes. "I just wanna talk."

Talk about what? I didn't have much of a choice, so I sighed before sitting next to him. I was a little far away from him though, if he started acting up, I wouldn't hesitate to call one of the bouncer and kick him out.

"What is it that you wanted to talk about?" I questioned, as they both started intimidating me.

"You know, I'm glad to see you here, again. And you know I already had my eyes on your from the beginning." He began to speak, "So now that he's gone, I'm guessing that we can work things out between us."

I frowned, "I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about." I shake my head, is he drunk or something?

"Don't act stupid, Yuki. I can treat you better than that asshole, just go out with me and you'll experience nothing but happiness." He gave me a cocky grin as he said that. The other guy was just listening to our conversation as he was drinking from the glass I just brought for them.

"You're clearly wasting my time. Please don't do this again." I was about to stand up, but the man pulled me by my wrist causing me to sit back once again.

"Why are you acting as if you don't know me?"

"Because I really don't know you." I was rude to answer in a tone like that with a customer, but he's getting into my nerves.

"Don't tell me you forgot about your former handsome suitor, Ran Haitani?"

Ran Haitani? It rings a bell, I know him.. but I don't remember seeing him? But his name is familiar to me, although this is my first time hearing it.. what's wrong with me though.

"I don't know who you are, sir." I removed his hands from my wrist as I stood up once again. I gave him a poker face as I stared down at his confused face.

"Did your fiancé hit your head or something? Or you're just acting like this because he's watching from afar?"

"Who is he? You keep saying 'he' and it's starting to annoy me!" I was raising my tone a bit, because of how he's acting right now.

"You don't know your own fiancé?"

"I have no fiancé."

"You don't know who Akashi Haruchiyo is?"

A/n: sanaol manliligaw si Ran

anyway, we're almost at 4k followers, I'll drop the Kokonoi ff as soon as we reached 4k followers. But the genre is less expected from most of you, to spoil you guys.. the story is inspired by the song Tag, you're it and the manhwa Killing Stalking so advance TW. Anyway, sana basahin nyo parin.. I've been wanting to explore more genres habang madami ng madami yung mga libro ko!