Chapter 10

I was caught off guard when the unfamiliar woman just got up from her seat and hugged me. I saw how my mom looked away, her eyes were puffy and red, it seems like she cried.

I was more concern about this woman who hugged me, although her scent was very familiar.. it feels like home, the smell of comfort and everything.. her scent is familiar.

"You're alive and well, thank God." She broke the hug and looked at me. I was really confused, alive and well? Of course I'm alive and well. "This woman took advantage of my sweet daughter, she deserves to rot in jail!" She pointed at my mom.

"Hold on." I slightly pushed the woman away from me. "My mom is not going to jail, who are you? And why are you calling me your daughter?"

"Oh poor child, this witch really buried everything and thinks that she can get away from it. Well, thanks to Haru-kun, I manage to see you again." Tears were forming in her eyes as she caress my cheeks with her thumb.

Haru? That's Akashi right? I immediately glanced at him, but he wasn't looking back at me. "Wait, what is going on? I don't understand..."

The woman sigh, "I'm willing to explain everything to you, and get you the treatment you need to recover from this. But, for now.. I will send her to jail for kidnapping."

I saw how two of those police officers made their way to my mom and started handcuffing her. And that's when I pushed the woman aside and ran to my mom, seeing her being handcuff broke my heart into pieces.

"Wait, she didn't do anything wrong! Let her go, don't even try to touch her!" I came in my mom's defense, but I was too late.. she was already handcuffed.

"I'm sorry, Y/n... I love you so much, remember that okay?" Her words are heartbreaking, I was confused. Why are they taking her away?

"Mom, what's going on?"

"I don't deserve to be called as your mom, for everything that I have done." She lower her head, and that's when I saw a tear drops from her eyes.

I froze when the officers walked her out of the principal's room. I didn't know what to do, I wanted to stop them, but it seems like I don't have the power to do so. Instead of stopping them, I started panicking as my breathing becomes so heavy.. a dark color started appearing from the sides of my eye sight.. slowly invading my whole view.

My legs started to shake, and used the desk as a support. But, it was too late when my own legs gave up on me.. I didn't remember much, but I do remember hitting my head somewhere hard that made me pass out in an instant.

***

"I think he looked at my direction, Katana!" I let out a small squeal when my fourth grade crush glance at my direction while he was playing soccer with his friends.

"Yeah, you guys will look great together."

Me and Katana were both hiding behind a bush while watching my crush play soccer. I've been crushing on him ever since I saw him, and my best friend Katana was really supportive about it.

"Hey losers!"

I looked back behind me when someone threw a rock at us, it hit my foot so I was furious to see Haru standing there with a grin on his teeth. His white t-shirt was stained with mud.. he probably played with Mikey again.

"Stop bothering us, Haru. Go away, I'm busy watching my crush!" I stick out my tongue on him and glance back at my crush.

"Tss! Your crush is so lame, he didn't even wanna fight me earlier when I asked him to fight me because he's such a wimp!" Haru was proud to himself as he walked over us to see what we were up to.

"I don't care, he's still better than you!" I defended my crush of course.

"Oh really? Watch this then." I was confused when he started walking towards the area where my crush was playing with his friends.

They all stopped when the ball went to Haru's direction, instead of giving it back, Haru pick up the ball and threw it away somewhere far away.

"What's wrong with you, Haruchiyo?" Some of his friends were irritated because of the way he acted.

"Hey you!" Haru pointed at my crush, "What's your name?"

"Kakucho Hitto." My crush answered.

Before I can even realize what's happening. Me and Katana gasped when Haru suddenly punched Kaku on the face, my poor crush fell on the ground as he wipe off the blood on his mouth, glaring at Haru. Kaku's friends started backing away because they're starting to fight.

"Listen here, you are not allowed to be liked by Yuki. If you ever make a move on her, I will punch you again!"

Me and Katana both stared at each other, in shock when Haru pointed his fingers at Kaku. For a fourth grader, Haru is really aggressive.

"I think Haru has a crush on you, Yuki." Katana came into the conclusion that Haru has a crush on me.

"Don't joke, Katana. He only likes seeing me cry that's why he punched my crush.. I'm starting to get mad at him. I will never talk to him ever again!" I was close to crying because Haru just punched Kaku and his lips bleed.

"Let's go home and tell his older brother about this." I nodded my head, agreeing to Katana. We decided to walk away from the playground.

But, Haru came running after us. "Hey, Yuki!" He yelled even though I'm in front of him. "I will do everything to marry you one day! Because I like you."

"I don't wanna marry you, I hate you, Haru!"

***

"H-haru.." I whispered in between my sobs. Burying my face on his neck as I cried even harder.

"Yes I'm here.."

"Haru..."

"Yeah, Haru is here.."

"I-i... I missed you."

Those words are enough for him to carry me in a bridal position while my arms are wrapped around his neck, crying in misery after the traumatic event that just took place.

"Katana, why did you let her out of your sight? If I didn't make it on time she could've been in a worser scenario!" He scolded Katana, but I shook my head when I heard him speak.

"It's not her fault, Haru. I insisted on buying drinks alone." I whispered, I'm glad to see my childhood best friend again.. I thought he really went abroad for real after we had an argument about Kaku, I really missed him.

"I'm really sorry, I didn't expect any of this to happen." Katana responded, I can sense the sadness on her voice.. no, it's not her fault, she should't be sorry.

"I'll take you two home." Haru said.

I looked at him, "You didn't go?" my voice begins to heighten.

"I chose not to, I don't wanna be far away from you." I closed my eyes as he leaned over to kiss my forehead. I became emotional again and buried my face on him neck, his scent of strong men's cologne entered my nose.. I really thought he went away because of me, I really thought I lost a friend.

And the next thing I knew, I was already tucked in my bed with Haru sitting next to me. Haru is like a brother to me, he always comes to my defense whenever someone try to pick a fight on me ever since we were little kids. I'm always thankful to have him by my side.

"You need some rest, a lots of rest. I'll come back and visit you tomorrow."