part. 09

BELLA

"And, voila. Chocolate strawberries, your highness." Ryujin presents me with a bowl full of strawberries covered in chocolate that have been in the fridge, bowing afterwards.

I breathe a laugh. "Why thank you."

Ryujin chuckles a 'you're welcome' before jumping on her bed next to me and pressing play on the random show she put on.

I've been at her house for a few hours now, I came straight here after Hyunjin left me disappointed and confused. Also angry, not at him, but Jae. I knew the date was too good to be true, she just had to ruin it.

I knew I was going to be annoyed, but Hyunjin? I was, and still am, confused why he was so calm
one minute to run out of the restaurant the next.

The minute I saw the look on his face after Jae called his name, I knew it would go down hill. I prepared myself for the disappointment but I can't be mad him. It's selfish of me to be mad when I don't know the reason for his actions.

I just hope he'll talk to me, help me understand him. He's so confusing.

"If you're not watching this I'm going to be very offended." Ryujin's voice breaks me from my trance and I look up from my strawberries to see she has one eyebrow lifted.

"Sorry. I spaced out." I mumble and take a bite out of one of my strawberries, not that I'm hungry.

Ryujin sighs, not in annoyance but in sympathy, and pauses RuPaul's Drag Race to turn to me. She sits cross legged and has her hands clasped together with a serious look on her face.

"What actually happened? Because you said it was just a bad date, but you've had some bad dates and not once have you acted like this. Talk to me, Bel."

I breathe a heavy sigh, not really in the mood to talk about this. I also don't know if I should tell her, I don't do betray Hyunjin's trust. Not that there's anything to say, I just don't feel comfortable.

"Jae... interrupted us so it's was awkward after that." I purposefully miss out the fact Hyunjin practically left me.

Ryujin's eyebrows shoot up. "And you didn't tell me this as soon as you walked in because?" she looks confused as I do.

"Because I just wanted to get it off my mind. I don't really wanna talk about to be honest." I mumble, looking back down at my strawberries.

I hear Ryujin sigh before she shuffles closer to me and places her head on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry."

I shoot my head to her, confused. "Why are you sorry?"

Ryujin just shrugs, keeping her head on my shoulder. "For pushing you to tell me, I know things with Jae aren't peachy."

"Don't apologise. You being with me is enough." I place my head on the top of hers, offering her a strawberry which she gladly takes.

Ryujin then unpauses RuPaul's Drag Race and we continue like this with no further questions asked about my date which I'm grateful for. I hate confrontation, of any kind. It makes me anxious and I try to avoid it at all costs.