part. 14

HYUNJIN

"How do I make a nose... look like a nose?"

Bella's question makes me stop what I'm doing and look over at her with creased brows. "Sorry?"

She sighs, practically throwing her tools on the table. "I have never been good at drawing, sculpting, painting, even contouring my own nose so God only knows how I'm gonna do this." she lets out, hand on her forehead and I try not to laugh at her frustration. She's cute when she's angry.

It's a while later. After doing some work in the day, I went home for a few hours until Bella and I signed in to do some late night work.

We're the only ones here and we've been in here for no longer than an hour. She's already stressed, trying to do the features of her sculpture whilst I've been adding details to my piece.

"Need some help?" I genuinely ask, putting my tools down too.

"No, I just asked you a minute ago because I thought it was funny." she deadpans and I roll my lips into my mouth, hiding the laugh that wants to escape.

"Please?" she then gives me a look of desperation and I give in.

Not that I wasn't going to help anyway.

"Features are quite hard but you'll get the hang of it." I walk up to her sculpture and take the tools, she picked up, from her hands. "You've actually done a good job, you just need to add a bit more clay here and smooth it out better." I explain and she nods, watching my hands work at her sculpture.

"Here." I then extend my hands out after adding some clay, placing the tools down. I want her to learn how to do it, not just watch.

"Huh?"

"Give me your hands." I extend my hands further and she reluctantly gives me them.

It's a light touch but it's enough to make my heart beat faster. Moving our hands up, I try not to let her know my hands are shaking and guide her fingers to smooth out the clay.

My hands feel like they're tingling and I feel like I'm going to overheat. Even with just a light touch, my mind is going crazy and I'm just hoping Bella doesn't notice.

Why am I reacting like this? I was the one who wanted to stay friends so I don't drag her into my shit. But recently, I've been thinking I've made a mistake.

"So just carry on doing that and you'll get there." I clear my throat, taking my hands of hers so I don't do something I'll later regret.

"Like this?" Bella asks, looking completely calm.

I watch what her hands are doing and I nod, gulping. "Yeah."

Bella turns her head to me, frowning. "You alright?"

I'm taken back by her question. "W-what do you mean?" I feel my face grow hot. Fuck's sake.

"You've gone... weird." the questioning look on her face doesn't budge.

"I'm fine." I dismiss her and fiddle with my beanie, pulling it down a bit. A habit of mine.

Bella playfully narrows her eyes and the more she looks at me, the more nervous I get. She then tilts her head slightly, still observing me and usually - if this was someone else - I'd feel so uncomfortable. But with Bella, I feel some weird feeling in my stomach and I've just accepted the fact I definitely resemble a tomato right now.

From the past few days, becoming close with her, the air around us becomes heavy. My lungs feel like they aren't getting enough oxygen, like there's electricity running through my veins when she gives me the slightest touch.