part. 23

HYUNJIN

I can't believe I did it.

I kissed her. Finally.

Well she kissed me first but oh well, we still kissed and it was incredible.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I haven't had much experience in the intimacy department but Bella's reaction put my mind at ease a little. I was expecting her to react the complete opposite, I thought she wanted someone who knows what to do, how to please a woman. But I was wrong.

I don't know what we are, if we're together or not, but I'm scared to say anything. I want something with her but I have to be cautious.

Cautious about my reputation, cautious about my own feelings along with hers. Even if the rumours and whispers have died down, they're still there. And I don't want Bella to be affected by something caused by me.

But I'm selfish. I'm selfish for her.

So selfish that watching her interact with Hyejin, sat next to her and asking her about the show she's watching on her tablet, makes me want to risk it all.

We've finished dinner, my mother now preparing dessert - which she never usually does, only on special occasions so I guess this means a lot to her. I'm just watching Hyejin talk Bella's ear off with a gentle smile on my face, Bella's reactions making my smile even bigger.

She makes them a little more dramatic than she usually would, gasping a lot at what my sister says which makes Hyejin giggle like crazy. I'm so happy someone other than me or my family can make her laugh like that, make her comfortable.

"I know it's not a lot, but I did try on presentation." my mother places down bowls of ice cream in front of all of us, strawberries and chocolate syrup adorning the multiple different flavours of ice cream.

"Thank you." Bella and I say in unison and quickly start eating.

Hyejin goes back to being completely fascinated with the show she's watching, practically inhaling her ice cream at the same time, and my mother joins shortly afterwards.

A causal conversation follows, my mother asking Bella even more questions which she happily answers, until it's eventually time for Bella to leave.

Hyejin pouts her bottom lip out as she watches Bella and I put our shoes on by the door.

"What's wrong, princess?" I ask her, straightening up once I've put my shoes on.

"I don't want her to leave." her quiet voice melts my heart and before I can even answer my sister, Bella is soon crouching down to Hyejin's level.

"Don't cry, it's okay." she soothes, tucking pieces of Hyejin's hair behind her ears.

"Will you ever come back?" Hyejin asks, a hopeful glint in her glossy eyes.

"Look," Bella fumbles in the pocket of her coat for a second before pulling out a yellow scrunchie. "Keep this. And I'm sure we'll have many more chats about Belle and that show you love, okay?"

Oh my god.

"Okay." Hyejin nods very enthusiastically. "Thank you so much Belle, I love it."