Better in time

Chapter 27

(Play song whilst reading fanfic -  Leona Lewis- Better in time )

If only I could just lay in my bed and listen to depressive music all day. That’s if I could but let’s face it with rehearing all day when would I ever get the chance? I sighed to my self as I repeatedly messed up during rehearsals. I was terrible, everything I did I did it went wrong. I couldn’t even do my high notes anymore.  It was more than just nerves getting to me, I just didn’t get it.

“You better not be like this during the actual tour, it’s meant to be fun”. Josh spoke in a cold tone.

It was bad enough that I was putting pressure on myself without Josh piling more guilt.

What’s your problem Josh? Ever since we got to Manchester not once have you said something nice to me? I said a little defeated.

“I don’t have a problem, all I’m saying is people didn’t pay to watch you and hear you sing terribly.”

I had reached a point where I had just had enough of being around Josh. I stormed off outside  to wait to catch a taxi since we finished with rehearsals for the day.

Josh was a prick and I didn’t need to be around someone who was negative. To think that I once liked him surprised me, he’s changed and from where I was standing we weren’t friends anymore. I didn’t even know why I carried my diary round with me; just thinking about the song that I wrote about him aggravated me. I immediately pulled my diary out of my bag and scanned the pages for where the song was. I just pulled out the pages and ripped them up into pieces. The words didn’t mean anything to me anymore, as far as I was concerned I didn’t care for Josh anymore and I didn’t need to feel guilty about moving on with someone new.

I might cry for a day or two but I would soon accept that things had changed and for once I deserved to happy with someone else. In the words of Leona Lewis song, it would all get better in time. If me and Josh where meant to be friends or even more than that then something would happen and things would get better. For now I had to accept neither would happen now and I had to face reality and not   sit around writing songs about him.  Like Lauren always said to me  “why cry for a guy if he won’t cry about you?” She was right , I was tired of always crying over Josh maybe if I ignored his comments then maybe it wouldn't get to me as much .  I was being pathetic, while I was crying about him he had moved on with Nicole arrh I hated saying that girls name.

For now all I wanted to do was just get into my bed and have the best sleep ever!

~

After what felt like the best sleep that I had had in years, I was suddenly interrupted by a knock on the door.

I tried my best to tidy my hair before I opened the door.

“Are you Miss Darcy Davis” asked a tall man with a bunch of bananas.

Yes I’m. I asked in my groggy voice.

"These are for you." Said the tall man as he handed me the baskets of banana’s.

I’m sorry but I didn’t ask for these. I said as I tried to hand them back to him.

"Someone particular said to give it to you."

I was stunned, who would want to give me bananas? This had to be some bizarre present from some fans.

I couldn’t just let the man stand there, so I took the bananas and thanked him.

There was a note attached and I quickly read it.

“Hope you like bananas because I do: P”

I giggled to myself as I realised who the bananas where from. I searched for my phone and sent him a thank you message.

Message to: ...........

Thanks for the bananas I love them :)   you could have sent them yourself lol xx

A/N: Hope the first clue has helped you to start guessing. The next chapter will be longer  Let me know who you think is Darcy’s mystery guy. The next chapter will be up on Friday xx