Hold me in your arms

Play song attached to story (Ed Sheeran- Kiss me)

Chapter 33 part 2

Darcy’s POV

HELLLLLPPPPPP ! We both yelled in unison only hoping someone would hear us.

Shout louder. I demanded.

“Darcy even if I did no one will hear us, the walls are thick, Josh frustratedly replied as he slumped himself on the bathroom floor.

This is your entire fault that we are even in here. Why did you have to follow me?

“I followed you hoping that you would listen to me, not that I thought this would happen!”

I felt angry, frustrated but mostly scared; scared of my own feelings that I truly had for Josh. Regardless of this being the perfect moment for Josh to profess his love for me, he didn’t. Our problem was that we were both hot headed and hated being wrong.

It was bad enough that I was in here with Josh but not to mention how much I had a slight phobia of being in small places. I know what a weirdo.

To help calm myself I scanned the bathroom for the glass cup that I used to rinse my mouth with. I filled it with water to the top and took large gulps of water.

“Just breathe, deep breathes.” Josh said as he remembered this was what he would say to me to calm me down.

I was still annoyed with him so I swatted his hand away, this only caused me to lose grip of the glass and it fell to the floor.

Look what you made me do, I murmured under my breath.

“No Darcy you don’t pick it up like that you’re going to-“

“Ouch” I yelped as I cut my finger against the broken glass.

“Here come here I’ll help.” Josh said as he offered his hand to help me up.

No, I can manage on my own. Thank you.

The slightly curve of his lips told me he was amused by my unwillingness. “Come here let me help you” This time Josh didn’t back down. He placed my bleeding finger under the sink and softly kissed it better.

“Does it feel better? It doesn’t look like there is any glass in it anymore.”He said as he glanced at my bleeding finger and then at me.

Yeah its f-fine. I stuttered as I quickly gazed at his eyes.

“Why are you so stubborn at times?”

I’m not stubborn I said as in a childish manner.

This automatically made both of us giggle.

“Do you remember that time when you where so adamant in proving to me that you could ice skate even though you couldn’t.”

How could I forget I almost then sliced my hand open? You where so annoying, you just had to beat me so it made me want to win even more. I said as I reminisced at the good times I and Josh had in our relationship.

“You weren’t’ just the girl I loved, you where my best friend and somehow I lost both. We never should have broken up,  it took me this long to realize I have always loved you but I just didn’t know how to say it. You knew me better than I knew myself sometimes.”

Did Josh really want me to crumble and cry, because he was going the right way about it. All that I had ever wanted him to say he was now finally saying it.

“ I could tell you anything and you wouldn’t judge me,  Nicole could never  measure up to you , I could never love  her like I  loved you .I made a big mistake that time when I cheated on you but not telling you how I truly felt was the worst part.”