19

"Good morning, Jay" Heeseung greeted seeing the other taking off his coat and boots. 

"Dude you alright?" Sunghoon asked when he saw Jay's disgruntled face, eye bags deepened. He looked like he came straight out of a zombie movie.

"Where is Jungwon?" Jay asked completely ignoring Sunghoon's question, as he walked straight to the staircase which led to Jungwon's room.

"He's showering" Heeseung said making Jay stop in his tracks for a moment "I think you should let him finish. I'll make you some coffee" Heeseung suggested and Jay sat on the sofa with Sunghoon.

He let out a long sigh and groaned loudly "I hate this idol-life" he said, his hands drawn over his eyes.

"Quit then" Sunghoon said making it sound that easy and Jay let out a mocking laugh.

"If it were that easy. My contract lasts another year, I can't leave" he said in a raspy voice, his throat hurt but he wouldn't dare say.

Heeseung came and gave Jay the coffee and sat down with Sunghoon "So how was your little date with Jungwon last night?" Heeseung asked teasing Jay.

Jay looked confused and guilty "I didn't go out with him last night. Didn't he tell you?" Jay asked, he never showed up so he guessed Jungwon came home and told Heeseung.

"Huh?! But he came home after 2:00 am this morning? Did he wait for you that long?" Heeseung was now red, anger rising at the thought of Jungwon alone in the cold.

"2am?! I wasn't with him! Gosh Yang-"

"Heeseung hyung I'm going out with-- Jay!" Jungwon said both shocked and excited and quickly ran to him and threw himself on Jay who was still sitting on the sofa.

"I missed you" he buried his face in the crook of Jay's neck only to quickly raise his head up again "Ew! Jay did you shower? You smell yucky!" Jungwon blocked his nose, slightly exaggerating but it was true, Jay hadn't showered since last night.

"I'm sorry baby bunny" Jay pinched his cheeks with Jungwon still on his lap "I was so excited to see you, I forgot to shower" Jay said but Jungwon's lips formed a pout.

Yes, he was acting childish but it was his Jongseongie, how can he not? They've been together for so long. A year apart never and will not change anything.

"Pretty bunny" Jay began, moving the strands of hair that fall over Jungwon's eyes "I'm sorry about last night. The producer kept me back to sing another verse for my new song" Jay apologized feeling like a piece of shit.

"It's fine I was wi- uh I came home around midnight" Jungwon lied and Jay looked at him strangely. Jungwon was lying, he could tell but why? Who was he with?

Heeseung was about to say something but Jay beat him to it "It's fine, just promise me, not to stay out so late again okay? come home early? I'll pick you up here if i have to" Jay asked and Jungwon nodded.

"It's evening, I came to make up for yesterday, let's go out" Jay suggested, wrapping his arms around Jungwon waist securely.

Jungwon's gaze shifted, "Uh I'm sorry but Jin hyung asked me to come to the café to clean up" he said, twisting the hem of Jay's hoodie, he wasn't really good at lying.

"Oh when will you be back? Maybe we can have a movie night in your room?" Jay continued trying not to lose hope in Jungwon's weird behavior.

"It's uhh- alot" 

Lie.

"Anytime is fine. 12:00am, 1:00am" Jay rambled on, his heart wasn't letting it go. He didn't know when he'd spend time with Jungwon again so he tried to make the best of it now. 

Fuck being an idol. Jungwon is more important.

"Jay" Jungwon whined "Maybe another day" he said suggestively but the twisting in Jay's hoodie said another thing. Jay felt it no doubt and he put on the best smile he could.

"Okay, run along. I'll leave in a few minutes then" Jay said and Jungwon smiled brightly as if he was too happy not to hang out with Jay.

Jungwon bid goodbye to everyone and left, a silly rose in his hand almost worn out.

He walked in the nearby ice cream shop and spotted the person he was expected to meet.

"Yeonjun-ah"

_________________________________________

"Jay, Jungwon l-"

"Lied, I know" Jay said voice cold as the wind outside "I'll just be in my old room" Jay got up and headed for the stairs.

"I thought you weren't staying" Sunghoon interjected.

Jay looked at him and smiled "I don't want to misunderstand him, I've been such a fool before it won't happen again" he said and disappeared to the stairs.

2:54am

Jay was still awake waiting for Jungwon, he lay in his bed inhaling his sickly sweet scent. Just then the door creaked opened and Jungwon jumped seeing Jay on the bed.

Jay wasted no time to hug Jungwon as the mentioned his the two roses behind his back.

"I missed you" Jay practically squeezed Jungwon and he didn't respond. After all, Jay said he was going home.

.

A/N: sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes. this chapter wasn't proofread.

ALSO HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY MY LOVLIES! I HOPE YOU HAVE/HAD A GREAT DAY! <3