22

"What time is it?" Jay asked, laying on Jieun's lap miserable for the past hour.

"5:00am" she informed "You should take a little break from practicing" she suggested and Jay shook his head.

"You're a mess!" she urged "Have you looked at yourself in the mirror?" she asked and Jay stayed silent then his stomach rumbled "C'mon, I'll make you something to eat, go and take a shower" she gently lift his head from her lap and gave him a towel.

"But I have no clothes" Jay said and Jieun rummaged through her closet and threw a a hoodie and a pair of sweatpants to him 

"These are my brother's when he visit, they should fit fine" she said. Jay thanked her and head to the showers.

She quickly made ramyeon and put it on the table for Jay, it was the only thing that would cook this fast and Jay looked like a zombie- she couldn't bear to see it.

Jay considered Jieun to be his best friend despite meeting for another reason, she was the only person who seemed to understand him apart from Jungwon. No one could replace the sheep boy.

Yes, Jieun liked Jay more than a friend but it's not because he's an idol or he's rich. She genuinely didn't want to meet him after knowing he's an idol but Sunoo told her give him a chance and that led her here, with Jay in her apartment crying over a boy who had gone missing for a year, a boy he had been engaged to, one who seemed to have moved on and left Jay in a complete wreck.

Jieun didn't hate Jungwon, even after Jay told her everything and she understood, love isn't easy but seeing Jungwon throw away all Jay's attempts wasn't exactly polite considering they've known each other since they were kids.

She started tearing up, remembering all the times Jay would text or call her about his plans with Jungwon and then hours later after having to cancel them because of his comeback. Then running to him, the minute he isn't practicing just to hold Jungwon and see him. Jay really was that guy everyone wished they had.

Jay even bought all Jungwon's medication and mailed them to the house, just so that Jungwon would feel better.

Jieun stood there as Jay walked out the shower in her brother's clothes, his hair damp as he sat on the table.

"Want some?" he offered her as she sat opposite him but denied his offer.

"You'll turn into a stick if you don't eat" she joked and Jay laughed. He laughed, her heart exploded with butterflies. She hasn't heard him laugh in ages, ever since Jungwon came back he smiled, yes but laughed, never.

"Jongseong?" she called playfully, tilting her head and laughed. She always was fond of calling Jay by his real name, it was overwhelming to think of it really and she was content with that.

"Hm?" he looked at her and she smiled widely.

"Take at least one day off from practicing please?" she begged "He's moved on so you have no excuses anymore" she didn't want to bring it up but Jay's health was getting worse. and it worried her.

Sadly, one thing Jay never told Jieun about what happened a few hours ago was the kiss. Why? He doesn't know but maybe Jungwon also wanted it for one last time.

"I can't they said I need more practice" Jay said, slurping down the hot noodles. Jieun let out a long sigh as she leaned back onto the wooden chair with crossed arms.

"Then I'll go talk to them" she insisted and Jay looked up at her "What? I'm serious! You're over-working yourself" 

"I'm fine"

"Fine my ass. Jay do I look dumb to you?" Jieun leaned closer and pointed to herself "Jungwon may be but I'm not!" she said and then bit her tongue realizing what she just said but didn't apologize. It was true anyway.