Chapter 28

7 months later

Jane's POV

    We finally arrived at P'Off's house, the kids are excited as well, they even brought Jumpol a gift. Fang still couldn't run because of his injury in his left leg, Ran is helping his brother all the time and I'm so happy to see them helping each other.

    Carlos got the bags from the trunk and we went up the stairs that leads to the font door, P'Off bought a new mansion and it's only near his old one. The butlers helps us with our luggages, the door opened and my mother greeted us.

  "Oh~Jane! You guys are finally here!" Mom said with a joyful tone. She hugged me and kissed my cheek, she did the same with Carlos. While she showered the twins with lots of kisses, Dad came up to us.

   "Carlos! Jane! Glad you could make it" Dad said, he gave Carlos a hug and me as well "Let's get your things inside, we prepared lots of food"

   The Butlers helped us on bringing our luggages inside, the kids held mom's hands as we went inside. The kids ran towards the living room and we followed after them, reaching the living room, the TV is on and is playing a smooth relaxing music. On the couch, I saw my brother blankly staring at the coffee table. An impact of huge guilt hits my chest. I can't face him, not after what happened...

    "Uncle!!" Ran went to Jumpol. Jumpol's head rose and spread his arms open, hugging my son with a huge smile on his face. In which I know is fake .... "We have gifts!"

   "Really?" Jumpol asked, sounding curious "Let me see" the kids gathered up on him, sitting on each leg of Jumpol. They gave the gifts with excitement

    "Hey, brother" I greeted timidly, walking towards the couch. He paused on opening the gifts, he looks up at me and gave me a smile

   "Hey, sis. We already cooked some dishes but, mom wanted to cook the rest with you" he said.

   I nodded, taking a sit on the love seat "Sure, I'll just rest for a bit"

   With last glance, he went back on opening the gifts with the kids. Ran got him a book while Fang got him a new sweater, Jumpol seemed happy about it and gave my sons kisses on their cheeks.

    "Jumpol" Dad called him, gaining mine and his attention "Can you get my back support at mine and your mom's room? My back aching again"

   Jumpol laughed softly, he placed the kids doen on the couch and stood up "You always forget that" he said then proceeded the walk towards the stairs

   "It's part of growing old" Dad said the left to where Mom is. My husband sat with the kids on the floor. mom and dad got back, holding a box of toys for the kids.

   Watching them play, makes me very happy, the void inside my heart is filled with joy. But, the guilt still lingers. I still can't help but still feel disappointed at myself, my heart aches for my brother, If I just-

   "Love" I heard my husband's voice and snapped me out of my overthinking pace. I looked up and saw him with a worried expression "Are you all right?"

   I took a deep breath and composed myself. I nodded and smiled "Yes, just thinking something"

   He smiled back "Okay"

  "Hear, Dad" Jumpol got back holding Dad's back support.

   "Thanks"

     "Jane, can you help me cook lasagna?" Mom asked

  I smiled and stood up "You don't have to ask me twice" I said placing both of my hands on my hips

  Mom stood up as well. We bid goodbye to the boys and went to the kitchen, you might be wondering why are we cooking that much food. Well, it's Jumpol's birthday. We were supposed to throw a huge celebration but, he insisted on celebrating it with just us....

    I'm so so sorry....I could've done more

-----
   Off's POV

  Fang and Ran played with the toy trucks that I bought them last month, Fang is still not allowed to sit criss cross so Dad got him a small table. Carlo's is playing with his kids too and mom and Jane are cooking another batch of foods.

    Everything seems so...normal. Everything's so peaceful and quiet. So...empty. It's been 7 months and here I am still hoping to see and hear his voice once more, I know my sister is feeling guilty about what had happened and I can't blame her for that. I kept repeating that it's not her fault but, she kept saying "sorry" "it's my fault" I could've done better" over and over again.

    I'm the one who failed, I'm the one to blame. I knew that he will be kidnapped that week but, I choose business over protecting him. That scene at the warehouse kept repeating inside my head, haunting me like a curse that cannot be broken. I even had to leave the Company to Earth and the Mafia to Tay, since I'm not in the right mind at the moment.

   *Rings* buzz*

  I felt my phone vibrated inside my pocket. I fish it out of my pocket and saw messages from my friends and colleagues. I stood up and excused myself, I went at the front porch and read the messages. They already knew that I don't accept calls at the moment, unless it's really needed.

  From: Tay
Happy birthday, Bro! I already sent a gift, it's cash😎

   From: Sara
Happy Born Day, P'Off 🎀 Spend a lot of time with your fam!

  From: Earth
Plus 1 of age, Bro!!! Greetings from me, Bright, Singto and Krist

   From: Mew
Another year of old, Jumpol. Better enjoy it, greetings from me and Gulf

    Those are the only few messages that I received, I replied with a "thanks 😊". I kept scrolling through the messages like I'm looking for a particular someone, I'm still looking even though I know that he will not come back anymore....

   You came so unexpected in my life, you also left unexpectedly....

   "Jumpol?" I heard Jane's voice, I looked behind me and saw her standin by the door. She smiled softly "The foods are ready, let's go?"

    A smile appeared on my face. I placed my phone back inside my pockets. "Okay"

   I hope you were here, like last time.....

--

As The Sun Sets....End of the Season....

Love you all! Stay safe and please pray for Ukraine🙏🙏