Volume 02 Chapter 37

Off's POV

   "Wait—you know each other?" My baby asked looking at me and his dad with a puzzled expression.

   His dad, mr. Ritthirong, just nodded and smiled at him. "Yes, Son. How about you go and find your brother, I just need to have a few words with your boyfriend here"

   Okay, He knows too much. I look at Gun to see his reaction and I was right, his face turned red and he playfully glares at his dad while pouting. I can't help but smile seeing him like this, it's been a while.....

   "Please don't say any mean or embarrassing things about me" Gun spoke shyly.

   His Dad chuckled before taking a seat. I didn't even tell him to seat, but he is Gun's father. "Of course, of course. You can ask Jumpol if I said anything embarrassing about you, now go and look for your brother"

    Gun nodded obediently before looking at me. "I'll be back, I will just get my brother so you can meet him" he said with a smile on his face.

  I smiled back and nodded. "Okay, I'll be looking forward to that" I already met your brother! Business thing, my love!

    Gun stood up and gave me a hug, he also went to his Father's side and gave him a hug and kiss on the cheek before leaving and disappearing in the sea of clouds. The Gun I knew before will probably have a panic attack if he's been left alone in a crowded place like this. But, I'm glad that he managed to change for the good and that—he's alive....

   "You're smiling so thoughtfully there, Jumpol" Ritthirong's voice snapped me away from admiring my baby's beauty. I frowned as I look at him. "What?" He asked dumbfounded

    "I want you to tell me everything." I said with a straight face and serious tone. "Starting from how my mate is alive, why didn't you tell me that he has been with you all this time and how is Gun your son." I said, more of a command than a question.

   The old man took a deep breath then sighed, he then grabbed a glass of champagne from the waiter's tray. "Ever since I found out where Gun is, I've always kept an eye on him. When one if my men told me that you have my son, my plan was to take him away from you. But, when I saw that my son seems very happy whenever when he's with you and I saw how much you care for him."

     He paused and drink on the glass of champagne that he is holding. So he knew from the start that I have Gun.

  "I just decided to let the both of you to have fun. But, of course, as a father, I ordered someone to look after him in secret." He continues "Then, my son was kidnapped again and that's when I decided to take action. When the bomb exploded, I had someone immediately bring out a cloth which is fire resistant and covered Gun. We still couldn't protect him fully and he needed to stay in the hospital. That's where it all started, he lost his memory and a scar had formed on his back, right on the right shoulder."

   "Everything's fine now except that he still gets migraines whenever he is starting to remember something from his past" Gun's Dad explained.

    I looked down at the table and was lost in thought. Then, I realized something. "Wait, you're surname is Ritthirong. But, Gun's surname is Phunsawat. Why is that?"

   "Oh, right" he cleared his throat before continuing. "Gun's mother is a great friend of mine, we kind of got into a—little entanglement back in the time. Then, I found out that she's pregnant with mine and that her husband is actually not capable of having babies. So, instead of hating me, her husband thanked me for giving them a chance to be parents. But He punched me several times that time for touching his mate without consent. I broke my nose that time"

    "So—Gun is your illegitimate child?"

  He nodded. We talked about a few other things, and I learned more about Gun's side of the family. The Ritthirong's were actually a shadowed organization, meaning that even if I'm part of the mafia, no information will be leaked about them, for no one knows that they actually exist.

   "Dad!" I heard Gun's voice behind me, I turned around and saw him walking towards us with a man holding his wrist as Gun drags the man towards our table. "I found brother"

  "Good, how about take a seat" their Dad gestured at the two empty chairs. I heard a faint whistle, I searched where the whistle came from and I saw my Dad signaling me.

   "Uhhmm—please, excuse me" I told them and bow my head. I stood up but was stopped when someone pulled my sleeve. I looked down and saw Gun looking at me with sadness in his eyes.

   "Where are you going?" He asked in a solemn tone.

   I smiled sadly and held his cheek. "I just need to speak with my father, I'll be back, hm?" I said and gave him a kiss on the forehead before leaving.

------
  Gun's POV

I finally found my brother! He was talking with some girl earlier but when he saw me, he immediately excused himself and went on my side. Then, we head back to Dad's table where he and Papii were talking. It still feels weird calling P'Off like that, but it also feels so right.

    We just sat down but Papii suddenly excused himself, something about needing to talk to his Dad. I would be lying if I said that I didn't feel sad and anxious about him leaving. I watch him as he walks towards to a man whom I guess is his Dad, then he look at my direction and waved at me.

    I felt a bit shy but I waved back. Then, he went back to talking with his Dad. I really want to know what they're talking about. Then, Papii and his Dad walked away until I couldn't see him anymore.

   My body starts to tremble and my breathing became unstable as my eyes frantically searching for Papii.

   "Gun? Are you alright?" I heard Gayle's voice but I couldn't focus. "Gun? Gun!"

  I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders shaking me. It managed to pull me out of my trance and I saw Dad and Gayle looking at me with worried expressions.

   "Gayle, go get Jumpol" Dad told my brother. Gayle released my shoulders as he ran to find Papii. Dad hugged me as he tries to calm me down. "Hush now, what's the matter?"

  I gulped down and took a deep breath. "I–I don't know, I sud-denly felt anxious and s-scared when Papii left. I—I don't know..." I answered on the verge of crying.

    Dad continued to calm me down. A few minutes later, I got a hint of Papii's scent. I moved my head away from Dad's chest and look to see if it's Papii. It is him! Dad let go of me and Papii came running towards me before engulfing me into a warm hug. That's when I started to cry.

    "Shhhh....shhhh.... it's fine now, I'm here, I'm here" Papii said as he gave me kisses on my head and coating me with his scent. "I'm sorry, baby. I didn't mean to take it too long"

   I didn't answer but just buried my face further on his chest, inhaling his addictive scent. I don't know why'd that happened but, all I know is that I don't want Papii to be away from me, even just a centimeter.

-----
   Author's note:
I have bad news and good news!

Good news is,  I'm back! I didn't have dengue or Covid, I just had a Flu but I needed to stay in the hospital for like a day before letting me go back.

   Bad news is that, one of my friends got Covid and she was with us when we went on a trip so I need to be quarantined in my room. (Glad that I can binge watch some anime now😎)

   Also, this is a compensation for being out😅

Updated: 23rd of July 2022
Next update: 4th of August 2022