Ch 10- A Family That Keeps Secrets....

Shu walked into the back yard after hearing noises back there. He was shocked to see a man with a messy dark blonde bun standing near the fountain, tossing a shiny red apple up and down repeated. "What are you doing here, Yuma?"

Yuma stopped tossing the apple and turned to look at him. "What's the matter, Neet? Can't stand to see an old friend? Or are you still sore that I said that was over?"

Shu's eyes glazed over for a few seconds before he shook the memory from his mind. "I'm not sore. I never was."

Yuma chuckled dryly. "Oh, please. You should've seen the look on your face when I said I didn't want to be friends with a lazy person like you. I almost thought you were going to cry."

"You almost cried when she left," Shu reminded Yuma.

Yuma's smirk fell and he gasped at the memory. "Shut up, baka!" He threw the apple in his hands at a terrifying speed towards Shu's head, but the lighter headed blonde caught it before it was within inches of his face.

Shu stared at the apple with a blank expression before looking back to Yuma, who was fuming right now, his baby pink eyes wide and teal colored pupils dilated. "What happened to you, Yuma? You've changed since she left."

"Stop mentioning her! She shouldn't even be mentioned in your filthy mouth!" Yuma bellowed as he appeared in front of Shu, his eyes burning with hate. "Besides, I'm not the only one who changed after they left. We all did." Both of them shared the same regretful expression for a moment before the hate returned to his eyes. "So don't go pointing fingers at me! It was your families fault they had to leave! You remember that!" He disappeared.

Shu stared blankly at the spot Yuma had been standing with regret. They were both so young. He was only nine and Yuma was only six. Neither of them should know what hate felt like, and yet it burned deep inside of them, one showing it more than the other.

"Shu! Come inside this instant! It is filthy out there!" he heard his mother call from the door.

He sighed before turning and doing as he was told. He didn't feel like arguing nor running. Where would he even run to anymore? He had nowhere else to go and his family was here. He was trapped.

******

Shu was pulled back to reality from the memory as Atherion said, "So... those four are vampires?"

"Yes," he replied. "That's why it's very important that you stay away from them."

"You don't have to worry about that," Atherion replied as she looked out the window of the moving car. "I didn't trust that blonde man whore the moment I saw him."

He chuckled at her before turning serious again. "How's your chest doing?"

"Shu," Atherion sighed, placing her head in her hands. "My chest is fine now just like it was five minutes ago. If you keep asking, your chest may end up being the one Reiji has to work on."

"Oh? Is that a threat?" he smirked again.

"It's a promise," Atherion smirked back.

"I wish you would try," he laughed.

"Careful what you wish for," Atherion playfully warned.

"I'm never careful," he shrugged.

"No," Atherion agreed. "You're just lazy."

He shot Atherion a glance. "That's not what you were saying last night."

Atherions eyes widened. "Shut up!"