Ch 11 (Part 5)- Rest In Peace... Maybe

((Fair warning: I have no idea how long this chapter will be since I want to move on with the story. I'm honestly sorry if it seems rushed. I appreciate your understanding.

Also, Diabolik Lovers now has its own live action play! I've yet to see it, but I did see a video where the cast performed Miss Sadistic Night. I have to say, I'm impressed so far!))

Lydia's expression turned to hysteria as she realized her mistake.

Artemis felt her breath hitch and her heart all but stop. "What?" she asked as she pushed her way through Ruki and Subaru. Lydia made a noise like she was being strangled and seemed to be staring at nothing. "What did you just say!?" she raised her voice.

Lydia shook the shock from her head and looked at Artemis. The two faced each other, not uttering a word nor moving an inch.

A villainous smile spread across Lydia's face, breaking the stare down. "You know what? I'm glad I finally said it and I'll say it again!" Her eyes locked with the golden ones standing across from her. "I'm not your real mother." She said it like it was the happiest secret in the world and seemed relieved she no longer had to keep up any farces.

Artemis' heart restarted, but then it plummeted deep within the recesses of her chest.

"About time you told her," a voice called out from across the room. All heads turned toward Apolla, whom had been silent nearly the entire time. "I was getting tired of pretending she was my sister."

Artemis felt tears pricking her eyes. "You... You knew?"

"Of course I knew," Apolla huffed as she rolled her eyes. "How could someone like you be related to someone as fabulous as me?" She flipped her hair over her shoulder as quite a few people rolled their eyes. "I mean, honestly, what kind of twins are born two days apart?"

Artemis' breath stalled in her throat and felt the world around her breaking as her legs gave out from under her. Subaru caught her and eased her to the floor while Reiji and Ruki were immediately on either side of her, concerned looks on their faces as their mouths moved, but she couldn't hear what they were saying; all the blood seemed to have rushed to her ears and she couldn't hear anything but a loud ringing. Her world was breaking, but she didn't know how to piece it back together or if she even could.

Her hearing slowly came back when she realized and focused on Subaru as he said, "Wake the bloody hell up or I'll destroy everything in that second room of yours!"

"Please do not. I worked hard on that room," she said calmly.

"She is awake," Reiji said, very nearly letting out a sigh of relief, as Subaru started to help her up.

"As long as we are being honest," Ruki whispered in Artemis' ear when she was up again, "perhaps it is time I point out that we learned Lydia here is the one whom called the Hunters." Her eyes widened and she stared at him in disbelief. "Do you not believe me? Ask her yourself."

Artemis slowly looked at Lydia, who was still looking at her with that villainous smirk, and stood to her full height. Considering she was nearly as tall as the three Vampires around her, she looked rather intimidating. She looked the woman whom she had once thought to be her mother square in the eye and asked, "Were you the one who called the Hunters?" Everyone but Ruki stared at her in question. Lydia's smile fell and her jaw clenched after the words left her mouth. She felt her heart start to sink when Lydia didn't answer right away, but instead opened and closed her mouth like a fish. "Did you... call... the Hunters?" she repeated slowly.