OVA- Turning the Tables

The night had been quite. Since it was the weekend, there was no school and no homework. It was the time when they could all unwind for a change. Most of them, anyway. Reiji was, as always, on his feet and hard at work.

Atherion and Alice were hanging around, trying to get Artemis out of her book and to pay attention to them. Kanato was sitting right beside her, so close one who didn't know them would assume they were conjoined at the hip.

"Hey, Artemis," Apolla said as she and Laito walked into the room. Her elder sister didn't look up. "Artemis?" Artemis still didn't look. "Artemis!"

"What is all the yelling about?" Reiji asked as he walked in, a thick book open and balanced in one hand, clearly angry.

"I'm trying to get my sisters attention, but as always she has her nose stuck in a book," Apolla explained as she placed her hands on her hips.

"Tap the book three times," Subaru said from his place on the couch.

"Why?" Apolla asked with a raised brow.

Subaru sighed as he reached in front of Artemis and tapped the book. She shook her head and looked over at him.

"Yes?" Artemis asked.

"That's why," Subaru said as he leaned his head against his fist and closed his eyes.

"Anyway," Apolla said, "we need you to settle an argument for us."

"What argument?" Artemis asked.

"What do you think everyone would be like if the positions were changed?" Apolla asked.

"Changed?" Atherion asked.

"As in we were the humans and you girls were the vampires," Laito explained.

"Hm," Artemis hummed. "I suppose I never thought about it that way."

"We could make a game out of it," Yui said enthusiastically.

"How so?" Ayato asked, his arm around Yui's shoulder.

"We draw each others names and come up with a story of what we think they would be like," Yui explained.

"That sounds like fun!" Atherion smiled. "Let's do it!"

"No," Shu, Reiji, and Subaru all said.

"Aw, but why?" Kanato asked, looking disappointed.

"I have better things to do with my time than to listen to stories," Reiji said as he turned to leave.

"Reiji, please!" Artemis pleaded as she jumped up and ran over to him. She grabbed the sleeve of his arm and jumped up and down. "Please? It sounds like a lot of fun and it will not work unless we all do it! Please?"

Reiji looked down at Artemis for a moment, her eyes sparkling with excitement. He sighed and closed his book. "Fine."

"Yeah!" Artemis cheered. "Subaru, what about you?"

"It beats just sitting here," Subaru shrugged.

"What about lazy butt?" Atherion asked as she pointed to Shu, who was sprawled out on the couch with an arm behind his head. He opened one eye and looked over at her, but did nothing as he closed it again.

"He is not worth the trouble," Reiji said as he took a seat in an armchair and crossed his legs.

"So, how should we start?" Laito smiled.

"Well, we need a starting point," Yui suggested. "How about at the very beginning?"

***************