Ch 3- A Close Shave

By the time Artemis got home, it was nearly sunrise. A moment later and she probably would've been late.

After walking through and shutting the door behind her, she was surprised to hear noises coming from the parlor. She slipped off her shoes, making sure to carry them with her, and went towards the commotion. As she entered the room, she really wished she hadn't.

Ayato lay on the couch near the window with Yui pinned underneath him. There lips were pressed together and his hand was up her shirt, resting where her breasts should have been but were really only two bug bites. Her face was flushed and her eyes were closed as if she enjoyed it.

"What the bloody Hell!?" she yelled, making both of them jump.

Ayato sat up while Yui laid motionless and in shock.

"Geez," Ayato huffed. "Can't we get any privacy around here?"

"Not when you're groping my cousin in the middle of the parlor," she glared.

"Last I checked," Ayato smiled as he reached down and grabbed the front of Yui's shirt while the other hand entangled into her hair as he sat her up and tilted her head back, "I don't need your permission to touch her."

"Ayato, wait!" Yui protested as he moved to bite her.

"Care to make a little wager?" she asked just before Ayato sank his teeth in Yui.

"What kind of wager?" Ayato asked, pausing in his task as his brothers came in to see what the noise was.

"If I can beat you at any competition, then you have to leave Yui alone unless she comes to you first for a month," she said as she crossed her arms under her breasts.

"And uh... If I win?" Ayato asked, sounding not to found of the idea. 

"Then I'll let you drain me dry and Kanato can make me into one his mannequin brides or whatever," she replied, flitting her wrist as if it didn't matter.

"Artemis!" Yui said in astonishment while Kanato smiled like a kid in a candy store.

"So? What do you say?" Artemis asked, her face blank of emotion.

"Deal," Ayato smiled coakily after a moment. "So, what'll it be?"

"Wrestling," Artemis replied.

******

"Artemis, are you crazy?" Yui asked as the boys pushed the furniture back.

"Maybe a little," she replied as she took over her blazer and drapped it over the back of a chair. 

"You can't fight a vampire! They have way more strength than a human!" Yui said worriedly.

"Oh, but I can. And I will," she smiled as she unraveled the braid from her hair but left it in a ponytail. She then walked to the middle of the room as Ayato did the same. She took her fighting stance while Ayato just smiled like he'd already won. "Last chance to forfeit."

"That's my line," Ayato said.

"First one to knock out the other challenger wins," Reiji said, looking a little annoyed by the situation. "Go!"

Ayato swung at her fast, making him surprised when she easily dodged and tripped him when she spun around in a circle and swept his feet out from under him. He fell backwards to the floor with a thud and looked up at her as a smile crept across her face. He growled in anger as he scrambled to his feet. "Lucky shot."

"Lucky? Or just better than you?" she asked, tilting her head in question.

Ayato growled again as he ran forward.