Chapter 16

George felt guilty. That's all he could say, he let his feeling come in the way of the conversation. Dream had no clue and George pushed the 'uncomfortable' statement even though Dream thought everything was normal. It was all George's fault that Dream feel guilty.

     George skipped school today. The first day of school he has ever skipped. Growing up a hard life with school your escape place, you never wanted to stay home. But clearly things change.

  George walked, it was dangerous but he walked to the hospital. George needed an escape, and he was happy to say that his mother was now his escape.

   George entered, and signed in. The lady looked happy to see him again. He walked to his mothers room, having it memorized after his last couple of visits.

    George made it to the window, when his mother saw him her face lifted into a bright smile.

  "George! My dear" his mother said happily. "Hello Mom" George smiled.

   "George, why aren't you at school?" George sighed "it's not a good time right now. I need to air my head out a little" His mother sent a sorry smile. "Is it Clay?" She said with her more prouder smile.

  George was shocked, "Uh h-how did you know" he studdered. His mom grabbed his hand. "George, dear, mothers know everything. Annndd you were lookin at him with lovey dovey eyes" she teased him.

  Blood rushed to his cheeks, turning them light pink.    "Mom! No I wasn't!" George laughed with his mother out of embarrassment. He always dreamed of having a good relationship with his mother, and he finally has it.

   "George just tell me already! Pleaseeee" God she was acting like a child who's parent wouldn't get them candy.

   "Well.." George sighed. "I noticed my feelings for him not to long ago, and ever since I made the things awkward for us. And that's the reason why I'm not at school today" His mothers eyes softened.

   "George, it's okay, it's normal.  When... I first became friends with your father... everything was fine. One day the same thing happened to me, I... made things awkward. I couldn't talk to him, I couldn't face him. In the end, I couldn't take it, I when to his house and spilled all of my feelings. After that night, we were finally one, and I've never regretted it. I loved him. And if you love Clay don't push him away. Spill it out. Don't push the feelings away, or maybe in the end you would end up not saying anything. If he doesn't like you back at least you would know and be able to move on." George couldn't think, his mother was right.

After a moment of science his mother spoke up once again, "His death was never your fault either, he got in a car crash you didn't do anything wrong, you were just a child" His mother choked out a sob.

   "Mom-" George started. "No George, you were right, I emotionally abused you. I didn't even try to raise you, you were so little taking care of yourself while I ran around with random guys. I'm so sorry George" Tears streamed down both of their faces now.

   "Mom, I love you, and I know you feel guilty but you were going through stuff. You lost your husband, the love of your life. Your were grieving, please don't blame yourself if anything" George pulled his mother into a hug.

  They sat their forever, embracing one another. Neither one of them wanted to let go. They had made so many mistakes, but that is how life rolled, everyone makes mistakes.

   When George finally picked his head up he looked at his mother. She was starting to look better. Her lips were normal color, her skin was not so pale, and overall you could tell she was feeling better. They looked at one another, before his mother started giggling.

  In the end they were both laughing while crying, happy to finally get along. A nurse popped her head into the room. "Not to kill the moment but your mom has to eat and get her checkups" George nodded and started getting up.

   "I'll go, but don't worry I'll come back soon enough" his mother nodded. But before George could walk away she grabbed his hand, "please don't worry about me, livd your life. I know I'm looking and feeling better but you never know what can happen. So, don't think of me too much, you should be able to get out of the house and experience life to it's greatest."

  "Mom, you will be fine. But don't worry I will, I will get outside and live. I love you" George smiled. "I love you too dear" His mother smiled back.

  They were so similar yet so different. George realized that now. They care about other people more than they think of themself. But they enjoy it. They like seeing people get their joy in life even if they never got any.

   George walked back home satisfied. He couldn't have thought of a sad but good day better than this one.

   He knew this skip day would cost him but he simply didn't care. There was so much more then grades in life. He would survive.

  The only thing he needed to do now was tell Dream. His mother was right, when he tells Dream if Dream does not like him back it would be able to tell him to move on.

   He was going to tell him, but it was much harder to do than said. It would be wiser to get it done but how would he approach it. It would be weird if he just walked up to him and said it. It would also be weird if he brought it up in and little conversation that they would have.

   George knew he was over thinking this. He was pacing the room thinking it over and over. His mother did say though that Dream likes him back. But she didn't completely know, she only guessed.

  George flopped onto his bed, after thinking it a few times over more he came up with he decision. He would make up with Dream, and when the time feels right he would just say it. George was going to confess his feeling as soon as possible.

  He was pumped, he was going to do it.

eventually...