60.

"I told you I'm not pregnant," I said and showed Romeo the pregnancy test with only one line. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my head, brushing through my hair with his fingers. I hid my face in his shoulder, holding onto myself.
"How do you feel?" Romeo asked as he hugged me and looked down at the test.

"I don't know. Fine. I'm taking Bambi for a walk." I said and left the bathroom quickly, ignoring Romeo that was following me from behind.

I found one of the dog leashes and got Bambi, kissing her and then putting the leash on her. "Hi, baby. Let's go for a walk. I know Antonio usually does that but I want to try too." I whispered to her and smiled when she barked.

I left the house with her, as we went down the street. Bambi kept smelling things that she could find outside, which was a bit annoying sometimes but also cute. She's curious.

It was nice to get some fresh air, being in that house 24/7 seems intoxicating. I decided to walk further down and found out that we live near a nice park. I checked it out and loved it. It was big and had a lot of trees and benches and people were having picnics everywhere.

I sat down on one of the benches. "Do you want me to release you? If I do, you have to be a good girl, okay?" I told her and patted her head twice, as I got hold of the leash and removed it. I sat back and watched her running around.

"Disappointed about not being pregnant?"

"You're more than welcome to take a seat, Phil," I said and looked up at him. He smiled and sat down, getting comfortable on the bench. "Romeo sent you, right?" I asked him.

He nodded. I looked at him and then away, feeling annoyed at both of them. I can't hate Phil for doing his job, but I can hate Romeo for being like this. "I'm not disappointed. I didn't even want a child anyway." I said, looking to the left side.

Bambi came running back with a few branches in her mouth. "Hi, baby. Look at that!" I said when she put them down on the ground and began barking. "You don't sound very happy," Philip said in response. I rolled my eyes and helped Bambi get up on my lap.

"I am perfectly happy. Thank you." I answered and ran my fingers through the fur on Bambi's body. "What about you and Romeo?" He continued asking. I sighed and looked down at my shoes, feeling weirdly annoyed with these questions.

"I've known him since he was born, and never have I seen him this off. I don't know what's going on between the two of you, but you have to fix it soon. This sadness doesn't look pretty on any of you, unfortunately." Philip told me.

"Can you call him and tell him to come here? I want to speak with him." I sighed, realizing that we've become so toxic that there's only one option now. One option that I don't think Romeo would want to happen.

Phil got up and walked away, as I watched him take his phone up and start talking into it. I bit down on my lip and fixed my hair, making sure to look good before he got here. It took him at least ten minutes to get here, and when he did he immediately sat down beside me and looked out. We looked like we were selling drugs to each other.

"You wanted to talk?" He asked and looked at me, then at my lap where Bambi was sitting.
"Oh, and I brought a coat for you. It's cold out here." He added. I smiled and took the coat around my body and thanked him.

"Yes. I've been thinking about it, and we aren't doing well right now. That's why I think it would be for the best if we went on a break." I admitted and cleared my throat after saying it, it felt like my throat was burning.

"A break? Where's this coming from?" Romeo asked and furrowed his eyebrows. I don't know why he's acting like he doesn't know that something is wrong between us.