Chapter 17

Darryl's POV

   Luckily 911 arrived quickly. They rushed Zak to the hospital, they let me come along because I was his boyfriend and pretty much the only person in the city that could be allowed. The cops arrested Jen. She was put in jail for now for damaging the restaurant's property and attacking Zak. Puffy filed a case against her and court will be deciding what to do with her after a few days. I'm in the hospital right now. The doctors still haven't come out of the dang room yet. I really hope he will be all okay. They had to shave some of the hair on the back of his head to clean the wound. God save my muffin...

    Darryl sat in the empty waiting room. His eyes were red and puffy and his cheeks were stained from crying. He was sitting on a couch his foot bouncing up and down. There were a few families in the room other than him. Darryl sat hoping for the best when his phone started vibrating. He took the phone out of his phone and exited the hospital going in the little park besides it. He looked at the contact ID. The tears that had barely stopped falling threatened to spill yet again.

Incoming call from Mom❤️
<<<Accept           Decline>>>

   He accepted the call, the tears blurred his view as he spoke "h- he- hello?"

   "Darryl?"

   "M- mom- Wh- why did you call me"

   "Wait are you crying? Darryl, honey what happened?"

   Hearing that coming out of her mouth gave Darryl a nostalgic feeling. It has been ages since he heard that tone in her voice. More like it has been ages since he even heard her voice. Oh how much he had longed to hear that voice.

   "Layla told me about him."

   Darryl's eyes widened a bit. The colour from his face drained. He prepared for whatever his mother might say.

   "She showed me his picture too. I gotta say my son made a great choice." Her voice sounded like she was smiling and crying at the same time.

   "Mom?"

   "I'm sorry sweetie. I realised I shouldn't have reacted like that. I'm so sorry. I realised it a few days ago. I just didn't knew how to apologise. It's really not your fault. I'm really sorry for everything I said and did to you that day." Heavy sobbing filled up the other end of the call.

   "Mom please don't cry. It's fine. It's okay mom please you're making me feel even more guilty."

   "Don't say that! Now, why were crying when I called you?"

   "It's because-"

   "Because what Darryl, tell me!"

   "Mom- mom Zak- he- I'm in the hospital."

   "What happened to him??!? Why are you in the hospital!?! Darryl what happened tell me everything right now!"

   And so Darryl did. He told her everything. From how he left Jen after finding out she was using him and how they met her at the restaurant.

   "She smashed a bottle on Zak's head. The doctors still haven't come out-" Darryl let out a sob before continuing and wiping his tears. "Mom- mom I'm worried."

   "Oh my goodness, honey. Which hospital are you at? Tell me!"

   "But what about Dad"

   "Are you planning on meeting my son in law without me?" Darryl heard a familiar voice.

   "Dad..." Darryl said quietly.