Chapter 22

The revan-haired boy's sleep broke in the middle of the night due to the absence of his lover by his side. The lack of warmth broke his chain of dreams bringing him back to reality. The room was covered in darkness. He stumbled over to the door of the bedroom, peaking out to find no signs of the other.

   "Darryl?" He called out, but nothing came. His worry grew with each second passing by. He was about to go back to the bedroom to check if he was there when he felt a strong arm wrap around his shoulders with the other covering his mouth, preventing him from shouting.

   The boy let out a scared scream but it was muffled by the same hand still placed over his mouth. The hands guided him towards the room that had become their office after the boys started using it to record videos. He saw faint light coming from the room. The arm, that was around his shoulder, moved to cover his eyes. They both stumbled in the room and right when the pair of arms let the boy free, the lights turned on revealing a room decorated with all his favourite memes, quotes and his and Darryl's pictures together.

   There, a beautifully decorated cake, laid in middle of the room on a table. It was a square blue cake with the cute derp face drawn on it. On top of it was stuck a little minecraft sign made out of chocolate that said 'Happy Birthday Zak' with a heart. Zak was mesmerized by the decorations in the room and all the pictures of him and Darryl.

   "Happy birthday to you..." A familiar voice sung in a low soft voice by Zak's ear, making him turn around. "Happy birthday to you.." The brown-haired took hold of Zak's hand as they both danced around. "Happy birthday dear Zakkie boo" He spun Zak in a circle before pulling him towards himself, pressing their chests together "Happy birthday to youuu" Cheering was heard from the direction the computers were.

   Zak looked over to see Cara and Niki, Clay with a sleeping George in the background, Tommy, Toby and ranboo, His family and Darryl's family all in one video call. He turns back to look at Darryl, smiling innocently at him. His beautiful emerald green eyes filled with love.

  "Oh my god, stop with the goo goo eye flirting and just kiss already" and so Zak did. He didn't knew how else to respond to all this. Darryl hummed lightly before melting into it. They both pulled away a few seconds after, both smiling like goofballs.

   "You did all this?" Zak asked, Darryl nodded in response still holding onto his waist.

   "The special someone in my life deserves a special surprise" 

   "thank you...! Oh my gosh..when did you even do all this?" He walks around the room looking at every photo on the wall.

   "When you were giving your stupid little exam"

   "So that's why you weren't letting me enter this room?"

   "Maybe. let's cut the cake now. I hope you like it because it took me really long to explain the design to them."

   "I love it!!"

   "I'll have to say they did a really good job at making it"  Zak hummed in response. They cut the cake everyone wished Zak a Happy 21st birthday (yes 21. Ik he's 22 irl but still 21). Darryl showed Zak the surprise that his Fans created for him. It was a minecraft Server. Darryl set up a face cam since they wanted to see his reaction. Zak walked through the Castle he spawned in with help of signs directing him where to go. He reached at a huge balcony in the castle. There was lever there, Zak flicked the lever and at a distance from the main castle stood another smaller one, from the back of the castle flew out a bunch of colourful fireworks. At the front of the balcony appeared a text that read 'Happy Birthday King' in small firecracker particals. Zak's smile grew even brighter then it was.