The Flower Blooming Capital

Chapter-42
Last phase of the plan

•.°The Flower Blooming Capital°.•

~•~

Slowly and slowly, the time went on. It was tough, but with their friends around, each member of Fairytail was unfazed of any insecurity or danger.
Days passed. Weeks passed. And so did another 2 months.

The embers of anger against Fairytail died down on the announcement of Grand Magic Games. The excitement soon overshadowed it.

The games began with a huge success. Hundreds of guilds, from all over Fiore participated in the preliminary rounds, contributing tons of magic energy unintentionally to a giant lacrima hidden deep inside the earth.

No one, except the higher ups of council knew what exactly is going to become of this amount of magic power. But right now, everyone, even the king realized that secrecy is necessary. So he blindly trusted the council.

The idea of GMG was fulfilling it's role smoothly until now. Another step in the defense of the country from the threat of Tartaros and faces.

The common crowd was celebrating it like a festival. Crocus, the flower blooming capital was really standing up to it's name. Each and every day, started with heavenly decorations. Stalls of literally everything were set up, from morning to night. The night lights were, and GMG in general, an opportunity that no one in right mind would want to miss.

After the preliminary round, only best 14 remained. The tournament began the next day with an uproar of excitement and anticipation.

The magic continued to pile up in the lacrima over the span of these games.

Grand Magic Games were a eight day event, progressing with an elimination rate of 1 team per day. But on the 6th day, two teams were eliminated, leaving only the glorious 6 standing with pride on arena, Domus Flau. These 6 teams would compete till finals.

Those 6 teams included the best guilds.

Sabertooth was leading the game. Followed by Lamia Scale, Mermaid Heel, Blue Pegasus, Quatro Cerberus, and an unpopular guild, Radiants.

Rumors suggested that it was recently formed. It consisted of some interesting mages. However, only two of those five wizards kept participating in the events. And, intriguingly, they both used martial arts to fight instead of magic. Not once had they used their magic in the arena. As a result, Radiants were barely keeping up.

There was no noise for any other guild, but Sabertooth. No one really expected anyone else to win. The lead was far too huge to break.

No one thought that anything could stop them... None.

•••

~(Timeskip- 2 months: Crocus
Second Last Day of the GMG)~

"Man... this sure is boring without any competition." Sting groans looking at the sky.

His hands were behind his head, his fingers interlocked. He was strolling in the capital along with Rogue, Lector and Frosch.

The final day, that is the eighth day, was tommorow. Today was a day off before the grand finale.

"Duh, you are the strongest Sting-Kun. I am sure not even that Mermaid Heel women or Bacchus or Jura could beat you." Lector says with a shrug.

Sting smiled and looked at him excitedly. "Do you think I can beat My Lady?"