Heavy Hitters

Chapter-56
Plutogrim and Cosmophage

•.•°.•Heavy Hitters•.°•.•

~•~

Jiemma...?!" Jackal whispers suddenly, looking at the sky.

He was in his etherious form, fighting Rogue and Gajeel. A terrifying form, resembling a beastly wolf.

Being dominated by the duo of Gajeel and Rogue, he was forced to use that form. Thanks to that transformation, the tide of battle was now in his favor...

"That monster..." Gajeel whispers. He was lying flat on his stomach. Pushing his body up with his hands, he observes the sudden hesitation that made Jackal impatient.

"You heard it too?" Rogue asks. He too, was knocked off his feet and was lying beside Gajeel. Right of him was his exceed, Frosch. Still unharmed.

"Jiemma." Gajeel replies looking at Rogue.

Rogue nods slowly. "That's... the name of our guild master."

Gajeel's jaw drops. In disbelief, he yells, "Your master is having a secret affair?!"

"Fro thinks so too!" Frosch says raising his paw.

"...no." Rogue replies blankly. "...probably..."

"That moron-?!" Jackal says face palming himself. "Underworld king asked us to be together with the vessel... but that Jiemma just had to run for the main dish first."

"What is the relationship between master and him?" Rogue whispers.

"I told ya, didn't I." Gajeel replies.

Rogue glances at him with confusion. "You were being serious?"

"Jiemma." Jackal says turning towards them. "-is my vessel. But he is gone now... humans are so useless."

There was a moment of silence as Gajeel and Rogue took a moment to process. When Gajeel realized what Jackal meant, he looks at Rogue hesitantly.

"HE DIED?" Rogue asks in disbelief.

"Master...?" Frosch says slowly.

"Yes." Jackal replies. He keeps his giant palm on the ground and sinks his nails into the ground. "Now's your turn."

The area of several meters around then glows yellow. Several light beams burst from the ground, towering upto the sky.

"What the-?" Gajeel whispers, trying to stand up. But his leg slips over the pebbles, making him fall again. "It is the same. The same nukely explosion as earlier."

"You will blow yourself too!" Frosch says loudly.

Jackal frowns. "No."

"This is bad." Rogue says nervously. "If something like that happens again... then everyone in the town..."

"Before that-" Gajeel says looking at Rogue. ,"use the shadow-pit thing of yours, the thing you did to save Salamander."

"To protect Natsu?" Rogue thinks, and then remembers the spell Gajeel was talking about. He hesitantly replies, "That spell takes too much magic."

"...don't tell me..." Gajeel says slowly.

"Yea... sorry." Rogue replies closing his eyes. "I can't use it."

"Don't give me that." Gajeel grits his teeth. "I will survive somehow... but you will be ash."

"..." Rogue didn't reply. He just laid silently, thinking of something. Suddenly, he felt a touch on his back.