Vessel Of Absorption

Chapter-58
The plan of 'Face'

•°.Vessel Of Absorption•.°•

~•~

"What was that...?" Jacob whispers looking at the sky. "Something rang in my head. Was it...?"

"Indeed, a telepathy." Larcade says slowly. "A city wide telepathy... that's a pretty good feat."

"Huh? Is it?" Jacob asks, looking at Larcade with a smile.

Larcade shook his head. He joined his palms and said, "I don't belong to your race, so I honestly cannot care less."

"Say... demon... what is it like to be one?" Jacob asks lowering his hands slowly. The weight of the spatial orbs in both his arms were making his muscles ache.

"You are a curious fellow." Larcade says opening his eyes. "Fine. I will show you."

Jacob's smirk drops as Larcade unhooks his steel cross from his back.

"Wait... so demons can't fight barehanded? That's sad for a superior race-"

"Enough." Larcade cuts in, moving one of his leg back and stretching the cross sideways, charging it up for a throw. "You have been desperately trying to buy time. I wonder if has something to do with the spell you just casted."

A sweat drops off Jacob's forehead as Larcade states this. "It's funny to see how a superior race can't figure out what's a mere human is up to."

Larcade smirked. "Funny indeed."

Then with a swift movement, he took a step forward and swung his hand with all his might, throwing the cross towards Jacob.

Jacob cursed him, and threw both the spatial orbs in the air. Barely, he manged to evade fatal injuries by ducking down. But still, the attack able to clear a patch of hair on his skull smoothly.

The cross being thrown at an intense speed didn't return like a boomerang. Instead, it ended up getting out of the field of view.

Jacob quickly stood up and looked back. "Holy..."

"I missed?" Larcade says sarcastically walking towards Jacob. "Why did you dodge? Does clinging to this unfair life bring you pleasure?"

"..." Jacob looked up, keeping his hand on his head, feeling the clean patch. Above him were the orbs, floating stably. "If this continues... it will be bad."

"Why are you so fixated on them?" Larcade asks. He rotates his arms in a semicircle and points his finger at those orbs. "Don't get distracted."

Jacob clapped his hands, making the orbs disappear just before some light blades blasted from the finger tips of Larcade made contact with them.

Larcade smiles and continues to walk. By now, he and Jacob were only separated by few meters. "You can make things disappear... Advanced spatial magic?"

"That would be downgrading my Assassination art." Jacob says adjusting his stance. After stretching his gloves, and standing upright, he continued. "Stealth magic... I can make anything invisible..."

"And a pocket dimension." Larcade adds, now standing in front of Jacob. "Unfortunately, someone like you cannot counter my abilities."

"The one I want to kill dies and one I want to keep alive lives in my pocket dimension. What if I shift you to one? I would kill you on whim." Jacob asks as a vein pops on his forehead out of annoyance.

"Such power to pass judgment of death does not exist... not among the humans who possess inferior and incomplete knowledge of life" Larcade says closing his eyes. He brings his palms together. White mist starts to seep put of the ground as he does this. "A bluff... huh? A bluff were your last words... Now then... fall into the deepest pleasures."