His Defeat

Chapter-60
That was a bluff...

.•°.•His Defeat•°.•.•

~•~

"MEST?!" WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?!"

"Relax... what I said earlier was just a bluff. He won't lose his mind, alright? Right now, this will power him up to a critical point, reaching the greatest understanding of his magic. I mean... technically he can still lose his mind if he isn't mentally strong enough. But I am place my bets that he won't."

"So... it was just an enchant?"

"Not just an enchant... It's a gift. A gift from the queen... a gift that can be activated only once. He must decide the time to use it."

"Does this mean... he can do 'it' now?"

"Of course... with this, he has access to the most refined mind manipulating magic there is.

Let's see... since this is the first part of my plan... I will call it Plan 0. Yeah... it has a ring to it. Plan 0, our foremost objective is revival of Cana before anything else."

~Alvarez three months ago, Team Makarov and Irene, inside the room of the queen~

"Well... you all being here changes things a bit." Irene says with a smirk.

"So you do have a plan?" Makarov asks.

"Of course. Let's start with this Cana." Irene replies adjusting herself on her throne. "But first... what will it be? Are you prepared to do what I am about to say?"

"How would we know what you are about to say?" Warren curses slowly. "We can't know what you are thinking."

However, Irene hears it.

She closes her eyes and says, "You know, I was just trying to make this dull conversation interesting. Anyways, I see someone here already has a potential for it..."

"Crap... she heard that?" Warren thinks with regret.

"Potential to read mind?" Alzack asks.

"Oh... could it be-" Bisca whispers and looks at Mest. Makarov was standing in front of Mest. He turned and faced him head on. Mest's head was lowered.

"You do realize, who is the one we are talking about..." Makarov asks.

"It's me..." Mest replies.

"You know what she is going to make you do?"

"...I read her mind... but didn't understood anything."

"Of course..." Irene rolls her eyes.

"Can you still do it?" Makarov asks.

"Yes."

"Are you ready?"

"...yes."

Makarov looks at Irene and nods. Irene nods back with a wide smile.

"How much can you risk?" She asks, keeping one leg over other. "And ah... don't suggest something suicidal."

"How much I can risk...?" Mest whispers, and raises his head. "Everything."

"Well... I said to not suggest something like this." Irene sighs. Then keeping her hand on her forehead, she asks, "So... you can risk everything... huh?"