Dark Age

Chapter-52
The culprit behind the explosion

.•°.•Dark Age•.°.

~•~

The giant explosion which covered an absurdly wide area of the city had it's epicenter in almost the middle. So, only bordering areas, and the southern areas (Near Domus Flau) of the city remained intact. The rest was either directly, or indirectly destroyed by this explosion.

And unfortunately, the royal palace was no exception. The front of the palace, the part faced towards the center of the city got caught in this. Heavy molten debris rained on it, bringing down a large chunk of the architect.

While this paused the losing fight of Fairytail and Lamia Scale against Radiants, it also separated all those wizards indiscriminately.

And when the palace got caught in this explosion, Gray and Wendy were standing right in front of the king Toma E. Fiore's room, the place where the scent of King and princess was maximum.

Just as Wendy placed her hand on the door knob to open it, a humongous rock clashed with a great force against the palace. From the perspective of Gray and Wendy, it was right behind them.

Since they were standing in the corridor, and this corridor had rooms on both side of it, there was a slight delay before the rock pierced through the walls and reached those two wizards.

But for Gray, this was enough. Still running low on magic, he took his maker stance and chanted, "ICE MAKE: RAMPART!!!!"

A thick layer of ice, reaching upto both latitudinal ends of the corridor, instantly appeared.

Though, it was not enough...

The rock broke into many shards on impact. Those shards were burning... this rock was one of those molten debris.

The ice evaporated and almost all the shards easily passed in. Even more fatal than getting hit by a giant rock.

Gray, for a moment felt extremely weak. This was due to the amount of magic he had, and the toll this spell took.

Wendy quickly jumped in front of Gray and took in a long breath. Then with a great force, she released it and yelled, "SKY DRAGON'S ROAR!!!"

This all happened within seconds. The rocks before colliding with these two got blew away back.

But this was no where the end. What followed this was another rock... even bigger than before... clashing at the same place... towards the same direction... appearing from middle of these shards that Wendy blew.

There was a slight delay in Wendy's reaction, since she didn't expect this in slightest. And this was the end.

The rock destroyed everything in it's path, the ice, the door to the king's room and two fairies.

•••

Lucy slowly opens her eyes. A weak feeling, and a burning sensation in her arms. It was all she could feel. Her face and lips were numb.

As she eyes open, she found it surprisingly soothing to be in dark. There was a highly dim light to speak of.

"Where-" Lucy mumbled. Her lips were aching as she whispered. The taste of blood was in her mouth.

"Don't speak." A voice replies.

It was soft and gentle.
It was Loke's.

Lucy's eyes narrowed. She was on the back of Loke, being carried. But where... this place... it is cramped. It feels... like a tunnel?