why would you think that?(Lana Winters)

Info: Instead of escaping with Dr Thredson, you helped Lana out of Briarcliff. You have been living together for a few months and you have developed feeling for her. You finally decide to tell her.

Trigger warning: Spoilers(American horror story - Asylum), swearing!

Italics(𝘗𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘸) is your thoughts!

The wind howled outside as I stared out my bedroom window. I was debating whether to tell Lana about my feelings as they have been eating me alive for ages. I could hear the TV in the living room. Suddenly the sound stopped and the sound of static sounded instead. "Oh shit." I heard Lana's voice from the distance accompanied by a few thumping sounds. I turned my head to the open bedroom door just as Lana appeared. "(y/n) the TV shut off," She walked over to me and sat on the other side of the large windowsill. "The storms probably going to get worse." I sheepishly smiled at her and took a deep breath before talking. "It's ok. At least we have each other. Plus we have board games in the closet and there's some candles in the broom closet for if the power goes out." Lana smiled before looking out the window.

We sat in comfortable silence for a while until I spoke up. "Anyways, are you hungry because I was thinking about starting dinner?" I moved my knees from under my chin so my feet connected to the floor but I remained as still as possible as I had a cup of hot chocolate that was still quite full. Lana's eyes where still glued to the miserable view outside as she spoke. "Sure, but I'm helping you." She grinned and looked at me. I smiled in defeat and nodded my head while reaching my hands out for her to take. She blushed slightly and took my hands. However, she stumbled forward so I instinctively caught her, my hands snaking around her waist. I laughed lightly as we stood inches apart, looking into each others eyes. "You good?" She blushed quite heavily while nodding but didn't move. We just kept our gaze's connected and examined each other's faces. Eventually, she cleared her throat and we began to walk into the kitchen.

"How would you feel about pasta and cheese?" I spoke while leaning against the kitchen counter. "Yeah ok then, I'll grate the cheese and you boil the pasta." I nodded my head as I got a pan out and filled it with cold water. I placed the pan on the stove and turned it on. I heard Lana behind me looking through the cupboards. I smirked as I leaned down and got the cheese grater and turned with it out in front of me. Lana grinned and pushed her tongue on the inside of her cheek as she took the tool from my hand. "Thank you." She mumbled under her breathe and turned to get the cheese from the fridge. I got the pasta from the pantry and dropped a few handfuls into the pan of the, now hot, water. I stirred the pasta for a few seconds before I turned and leaned against the counter with my hands secured on the marble surface. I watched as Lana concentrated on grating the cheese. The way her eyebrows looked angry and she bit the side of her bottom lip and she moved the cheese back and forth over the jagged surface. 𝘚𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘴𝘰 𝘢𝘥𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦.

***

I put the cheesy pasta down on the small dining table that was between the living room and kitchen. We took a seat and began eating in silence. 𝘔𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘐 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘰𝘸? 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘺? 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘮𝘦. I was lost in thought, poking my food with my fork, until Lana spoke. "Hey, are you ok?" She grabbed my hand over the table. "You look worried, dear. What are you thinking about?" She smiled kindly and I just shrugged, frowning uncontrollably. "Sweetie, you know you can tell me anything." She squeezed my hand while searching my eyes for some kind of reaction. "It's just- I want to tell you something. But I don't know how you will react." She seemed to be more worried now. "(y/n) please, just tell me." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before looking back into Lana's eyes with tears in mine. "I think I like you. And I know you probably hate me an-" She cut me off by speaking over me. "𝙒𝙝𝙮 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩? Of course I don't hate you (y/n)." She smiled at me with pink cheeks. "I actually feel the same."

I stared at her with my mouth agape. I didn't know what to do or say, I just stared at her. "R- really?" A tear fell down my cheek as I spoke. Lana still had a friendly smile on her face and she cupped my face with one hand and wiped the tear away with her thumb. "Really." She talked before standing up and leaning over the table and kissing my forehead for a few moments. She sat back down while holding both my hands on the table. "I have had feelings for you for ages, (y/n)." I had tears running down my face at her words. "You saved me from that hellhole. I could never thank you for that." Lana began crying now and I cupped her face and wiped her tears away. "Lana, you don't have to thank me. I did what any decent human would do." Her eyes fluttered as her mascara was diluted by her salty tears. "I don't deserve you." She spoke with a heartbroken voice. "No Lana," I leaned forward and placed a soft, passionate kiss on her plump lips, which caught her off guard. "You deserve the whole world, and I would do anything to give it to you."

a/n - im crying while writing this but ok lmao. hope u enjoyed this one shot, have a good day/night, i love you <3