The Beginning (Jisoo)

"Aishhh!" I groaned and put my phone at the lamp table

"Aishhh!" I groaned and put my phone at the lamp table. I push my half body up as my hands automatically pull my hair and cover my face in annoyance. Playing games on my phone is not enough to keep my thoughts away from the big event tomorrow.

Tomorrow morning is our supposedly signing of our new contract as Blackpink in front of the Boss and other staffs. But me and my girls decided to stop this all and just live the life we wanted ever since we smells a little fishy way back 2023 where almost a year of hiatus and no meetings or rehearsals that made us awake from our deep imagination that soon enough everything will be okay between YGE and us.

There's always be  tactics for each group just to make a name inside and outside of South Korea and our agency's plan is to crave fans and supporters before making a comeback but what break our hearts are the facts that our supporters who's been our source of strength and determination are been stress and desperate for our comeback every year in repetition.

As the eldest, I need to come up with a plan for tomorrow. I have Jennie and as time goes by, the younger ones are mostly braver than ever. I've been brave and strong in front of them to the extent that I was the one who needed to hide my true emotions and vulnerability when shit happens. I've seen my members hard-work, desire, efforts, tears and even struggles just to get that dream but YGE focuses on the marketing first before their employees and it hurts me to see that we always need to starve before getting our main goal; to gave the best performance that our fans deserve.

Year 2011 when I became a trainee. At first I was very hesitant since my main goal was to become an actress. But eventually, I tried auditioning at different agencies and end up passing at YG Entertainment. I appeared in different music video,s like EPIK HIGH's music video for "SPOILER + HAPPEN ENDING as a heartbroken girl; Hi Suhyun's music video for I'm Different and Bobby's girlfriend in one of his group's song as I attended Performing School of Arts in Seoul . I even I knew I was not that talented like any other trainees and passing the high standards that YGE has, became a challenge for me to improve my singing and dancing skills. I have the talent but not for an idol standard. If I will be able to perform with other trainees, I am pretty sure that I will rank as the lowest. But that didn't got me down. What strives me hardest were determination and perseverance that some talented girls lack off. They have the talent but they can't survive the hardest training, me and my girls experienced during trainee days.

I met Jennie first. Out of all the trainees, Jennie stood out not because of her chubby cheeks but her leadership style. As I've heard, she's the longest trainee that YGE has in creating a new girl group. Jennie and I became really close after we went into a sauna calling ourselves as "naked buddy" for being naked despite of knowing just our faces. She recognized me first as YGE's new trainee and it surprised me.

Months passed, Jennie and I clicked and became bestfriends  and that's where I met Minnie one of our trainees and her shadow, I mean the girl who always beside her that everyone talks about for being a foreigner and a crazy Thai dancer; the well known dance machine; Lisa Manoban.

Lisa came in YGE first before me. She has this tanned skin with a Justin Beiber haircut like. Her looks are very different from Koreans but what I like about her was the way she speak with others like she knew everyone for a long time. Her brown doe eyes are very pretty especially when she smiles brightly, She has this cute voice that for me, didn't fits her masculine aura. She has this tomboyish vibe that literally made me wants to know her more in a positive way.

After a year of my training, an Ausie girl from Australia with Korean blood entered the group. She's the sweetest with her Australian accent that will surely caught everyone's attention. I saw her broke down first when she realized that she's leaving with some strangers inside an apartment and her parents left her. We are debuting by 2012 as a 9-girl group but eventually, because of the hard training; one by one, some of us decided to went home and never waited for the debut that caused our delay. Pink Punk was originally made as the nine of us lived under one apartment and trained night and day but up to the last months before debuting, we found the apartment left us four.

It broke our hearts especially when it is Minie who left last despite of being the second trainee after Jennie and that's when I knew that Lisa and her had this special feelings with each other. That's the first time I saw Lisa broke down.

After weeks of moving forward for the situation, the four of us remain strong and eventually moved into a new apartment. The apartment is not that good. We live in an apartment with new mates but not people, but cockroaches. With our little monthly allowances, we were used to have a jam and butter or omelette as our meal.

The four of us remained intact with our everyday training. Lisa being the best dancer I've seen in my life, became our choreographer for our monthly evaluation. Being the oldest, my role is to make the last decision with everything. Jennie's role was to see the whole package of our line up for the month's performance; the rapping, song choice and the formation while Rose' remained very strict with the little details that may affect our routine especially the harmonizing.

We debuted at 2016  like any other groups, high expectations pressures us but we never trained years for not giving us the best we could do.