𝟎𝟐 - 𝐀 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗢𝗨𝗧 𝗔 𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗚 𝗦𝗜𝗚𝗛, as you dropped down the last bag filled with apples.

You were absolutely exhausted from the amount of chores you had today.

The sun was already starting to set.
The only thing you were thankful for was that Mirabel was there with you.

Said girl let out a chuckle, dropping her bags as well.

You turned to her, watching her wipe the sweat from her forehead.
Her gaze went to you as well as she smiled.

You awkwardly returned her smile, before lifting your hand, indicating that you wanna give her a high five. She immediately reacted, making you feel satisfied.

"I guess we're finally done with our chores. I honestly thought today would never come to an end. But i'm glad I got to spend time with you, even if it was just doing chores together."

You slightly blushed at her words, before replying.
"Yeah, same. I think that without your help I wouldn't have been done by now. Or by tomorrow morning, or by tomorrow evening-"

Mirabel cut you off, by planting a kiss on your cheek. You stood there, frozen, trying to process what just happened, as she sheepishly grinned at you, before taking her leave.

She turned to look back at you one more time.
"I'll see you later, cariño."

And with that she disappeared.

You stood still in shock, before slowly bringing a hand to your cheek.
Your mind was racing in a positive way.
But that didn't last long.

The snap of a twig behind you pulled you out of your thoughts.
You turned around.
There was no one there?

You shrugged, deciding to ignore it.
But as you turned back, you yelped.
Camilo was standing inches away from you.
You took a step back, feeling uncomfortable, but he grabbed your wrist to give you a warning.

You obeyed silently waiting for him to speak.
There were no emotions to be seen on his face. It truly creeped you out. Especially since it was Camilo.

But his demeanor changed within a second, as he let go of your wrist and threw his arms around you, burying his head in your neck.
Your eyes slightly widened, as you awkwardly hugged back.

He gently let go of you, now wearing a smile on his face.
"Y/N, My beloved, have you missed me? I sure have. It's been quite a while."

You rolled your eyes, returning the smile.
"The answer to that would be yes-"
His eyes lit up.
"If I was being sarcastic."
The smile on his face immediately vanished, a pout appearing instead.
You laughed, feeling proud of yourself.

He put a hand on your shoulder, stopping your laughter, as you looked at him.
His face held a serious expression this time.
Something was wrong and you didn't like it.

"Yeah, yeah, great joke, but now, Y/N.... I'm going to need you to answer a question of mine."

You gulped, hesitantly nodding.

"Who's Mirabel to you?"