𝟏𝟖 - 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐒

𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗢𝗣𝗘𝗡𝗘𝗗 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗘𝗬𝗘𝗦, immediately regretting doing so once you were met with a bright light in front of you.

You groaned, closing your eyes and opening them again slowly. You squinted, trying to take in your surroundings, but you were met with pure darkness, except from the dull light bulb that was placed above you and would occasionally flicker.

You tried to stand up, but quickly realized you were tied to a chair, unable to move. You gulped, nervously glancing around. You knew why you were here. You knew exactly what happened before you passed out. You just wished you could've done something to change your and Mirabels's fate.

At the thought of her, tears started to form in your eyes. She was gone and it was all your fault. God, how you hated your life.

You stiffened when you heard a door being unlocked, followed by light footsteps approaching your form. You shut your eyes, pretending to be asleep, but the way your body was shaking gave you away.

A low chuckle erupted from him as he watched you in amusement. He could barely believe that what he was seeing was true. You were locked away, with him. Forever.
He dreamt about this moment for so long and now his dreams had become reality.

"My love, I know you're awake. Talk to me."

You kept quiet but hesitantly opened your eyes, scared of what he would do if you didn't obey him.

He smiled satisfied, stepping closer and bringing a hand towards you. He gently cupped your cheek, a lovestruck expression on his face.

"There we go. Just obey my words and nothing bad will happen to you, mi amor."

You shook in fear at his touch. You hated this. You hated him. You hated how he could just talk to you so calmly, while you were literally on the edge of breaking down.

He noticed you shaking and instinctively placed a kiss on your lips, a disgusted expression on your face, but he didn't care. He was so happy that he was able to touch your lips with his own. It felt like heaven to the young boy.

"It's okay, my love, don't cry. I'm here now. I'll never leave you."

You sniffed, your crying slowly coming to a halt. You stared at him with no emotions, your face stained with tears. You were too tired to care right now.

He brought his forehead closer to meet yours, gazing into your eyes longingly.

"We were always meant to be, Y/N. And you know that. You can't escape your fate. Te quiero, mi vida."