ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 19

--------------------------------------------------

Flashback:

The afternoon was creeping in and Yeosang didn't feel like dressing up at all. He heard the rest of the family yelling and running around, finding their belongings but he just leaned against his balcony railing and fiddled with his mother's necklace.

He heaved a loud sigh, "You left me alone to deal with all this, didn't you Mother?" he chuckled. 

He didn't want to get married, he didn't want to become the next King of his own Kingdom, he didn't want to get engaged today, he wanted to be with his comfort person, Jongho. 

Jongho, he was lying to Jongho. Yeosang knew that he shouldn't keep lying to Jongho, he wanted him to know who he was. Jongho was the only person who treated him like he was a normal human, and not some weapon or an extraordinary higher-up.
What if Jongho will distance himself after he gets to know that he was to marry his princess? What if he starts respecting him like crazy? 
Whatever was to happen when Jongho sees him today as the Crowned Prince, he wasn't ready.

------------------------------------------------

Jongho was bored.

He wasn't in his uniform, he was taking a stroll down the Ice Palace's garden. 

That's when he suddenly felt stupid, he didn't want to get free time or relax because his mind would make him look back to the day he rejected the Princess, but now he was skipping along the rocky paths of the garden, the bitter memories replaying in his mind.

He was more than sorry and guilty. If he had known that the princess liked him before he met Yeosang, would things have changed? No, he didn't think that he would. He had never felt attracted towards the girl. Sure she was beautiful and graceful, but she didn't match what Jongho feels towards Yeosang.

Jongho looked at the balconies of the towers and noticed a human-like figure leaning against the railing, a shiny blue thing dangling in his hands. "People here are so talented that they made a sculpture that looks exactly like Yeosang. I wonder who else is amazed by his beauty as much as I am" he said to himself and looked at the sculpture

The more he observed its pale skin and snowy hair, the more it seems real. That's when the breeze struck the figure, making his hair ruffle. He squinted his eyes and watched closely, and then he noticed the puffs of cold air that went in and out of the figures lips.
It was real and it was Yeosang.

"Oi Snowboy!" he called out with happiness, making Yeosang gasp and drop his necklace, which Jongho caught in his hands.

"Ah Jongho, you scared me" Yeosang clutched his heart and laughed.

"Wait, I will come to you" Jongho smiled, even though Yeosang couldn't see it.

"No, I will" Yeosang said, not knowing that he meant that sentence deeply.

Not even a minute passed when Jongho saw Yeosang running to him. 

"What were you doing in the Prince's chambers?" Jongho asked as he and Yeosang took an evening stroll down the garden and towards the fountain.

"He wanted me to make his bath. He doesn't bath without ice cold water" the lie came out naturally, when the two of them sat on the brim of the marble fountain.

"You seemed disturbed back in the balcony, is everything alright?" Jongho leaned his head into Yeosang's sight, making the other blush.

He observed the latter, his pale skin was glowing when the moonlight stroked his face and his eyes seemed troubled and sad.

"I'm fine, Jongho, I really am" Yeosang's head hung low.

"Yeosangie, are you sure you're alright?" Jongho's voice softened.

"I... I don't want to get married" Yeosang gave up lying and buried his face in his palms, not wanting Jongho to see his upset expression.

"M-married?" Jongho knew that Yeosang was to get married, but somehow his heart ached so bad that he wanted to rip it out. 

"I-I told you didn't I? I don't want to get married. I am to get engaged today and I don't want it" Yeosang's tears spilled down his cheeks. "I don't love her. I don't want to marry her"

Jongho didn't know what to say, he wasn't sure what he is supposed to say in order to console the other.

"I-I love someone else. Someone out of reach and I want to be with that person, not her" Yeosang's voice was muffled. 

He loves someone? Jongho felt a pang of hope in his heart as well as a sense of disheartenment. 

Not knowing what else he should do, he pulled the smaller boy closer and wrapped his hands around the other's little figure. "It's going to be okay" is all he managed to say.

"My mother left me alone to deal with this. She told me that I should only marry who I love, but in this case, I don't even think that it's possible" Yeosang melted upon the other's warmth as he removed his hands from his face and buried his head in the crook of Jongho neck instead, while wrapping his arms around Jongho's back.

Yeosang's cold tears streamed down Jongho's neck, tickling the other who didn't mind it, not one bit.

"I'm sorry that you have to go through all this. I really wish that you can be with the person you love one day" Jongho stroked Yeosang hair.

"You better go get ready Jongho. You're going to be late otherwise" Yeosang tried to pull away, only for Jongho to tighten his grasp.

"Just a little longer. Let me be like this for a little bit longer" Jongho close his eyes in comfort.

The two hopeless lovers completed their own puzzle of confusion as they both realized that they were madly in love with each other. 

Then there was another hopeless lover, watching from the high towers, her heart aching and tears spilling down her cheeks... "I will still love you, Jongho"

End of Flashback

--------------------------------------------

:¨·.·¨:

'·.. ❀ ˊ˗ ; please vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter! . . . . .

───────── ·  ·  ·  · ♡

➶ have a nice day lovelies 🦄