Stay?

I called Andy after Jimmy left. It probably wasn't in good taste but I didn't want to be alone. As it was a Friday night Charlie had asked if he could go to a sleepover at one of his friends' house with Jacob. Rather than have us both sit at home and mope, I told him it was fine as long as he stayed there. And if they did absolutely had to leave, to text me where they were going.

I was sitting on my couch, working through my third glass of wine for the night, ice pack up to my cheek to keep it from swelling, when the front door opened and Andy joined me on the couch. He took stock of the open wine bottle on the coffee table, and the mostly full glass in my hand before taking the bottle and helping himself to a swig of it. "Your night was that good too huh?" I asked, taking a gulp from my glass.

"Yup... What happened there?" he asked, pointing at my cheek.

"I had a visitor."

"Please tell me it wasn't your father." He all but begged.

"Nope... It was your wife."

"Shit! I should've warned you. Someone tipped her off about us, had pictures and everything. She confronted me about it. We finally had that massive blowout fight that's been sitting there brewing since Jacob's trial and she left. I should've known she was coming over here. What else happened?"

"She had shoved the picture at me, asked me how long it had been going on and then yelled at me for not being able to keep my hands off a married man. Glad calling me a whore is on a two-for-one special today. Anyway, I bitched at her, saying that it was her behavior over the past year that caused you to stray, not my finest moment I'll admit, and then she slapped me. Oh and Jimmy had come in at the end of it, and for good measure, she gave him the picture before she saw herself out."

"I thought you and Jimmy had separated?"

"No need to get jealous. We did, but he didn't know about the affair. He wasn't happy and he packed a bag and got a hotel for the next couple of days. So yeah, this day just kept getting better and better." We sit there in silence, each of us having a million different thoughts running around our heads.

It's late by the time he's ready to head home. He's at the door when I come up behind him and in a small voice that I'm almost positive I didn't even know existed, asked, "Stay?" And that was all it took. We were fumbling up the stairs, lips attached, hands tearing at each other's clothes in an attempt to get each other undressed before we made it to my bedroom.

We made it inside and as soon as the door was closed, he pressed me up against it, pinning me there. We removed each other's pants and as soon as they hit the ground, my legs were around his waist, grinding on him, hoping that the friction I was creating would be enough until he entered me.

He removed my remaining garments and took me over to my bed, laying me out like I was a feast he'd waited his entire life to devour. With one final smirk he pressed himself into me, both of us moaning out at the feeling of utter completeness.

🔪🔪🔪

We hadn't been asleep for long, when my phone rang. Andy was insistent that every inch of my body needed to be covered in love bites, clearly marked as his and there were parts of my body that ached so deliciously I knew I was going to have trouble walking the next day. Blinking to adjust my eyes to the brightness of my phone screen I was just able to make out Walker's name. "There better be a good reason you're calling me at three o'clock in the morning Walker."

"There's been another killing. Truck driver found her body when he was walking back to his motel room."

"Any ID on the victim?"

"Kat... It's Laurie Barber." Fuck!