Bugs - Part 2.

The next day, after a long and calming steam shower, and a lot of thinking, you were finally ready to face the day head on. You heard that someone had died over the police scanner so you wrote a small note to Sam and jogged over there alone. It was drizzling, but the rain always calmed you, so you didn't mind.

When you reached there, Larry was on the phone with someone. He hung up just as you reached him, 'Hello, you're back early.'

'Oh, yeah, no. I live just one town over, and I jog in the mornings, so, I thought I'd take a detour and have another look at the neighborhood. The boys will be coming in later. So, Larry, what's going on?' You throw an inquisitive look towards the body that's being taken away in a body bag on a stretcher by the paramedics.

'You met, uh, Lynda Bloom at the barbeque?'

'The realtor,' you recalled.

'Well, she, uh, passed away last night.'

You gave a look of shock and feigned a look of concern, biting your lip and shaking your head as if you felt bad, 'Oh, my. What happened?'

'I'm still trying to find out,' he shrugged. 'I identified the body for the police. Look, I'm sorry, this isn't a good time.'

'It's okay,' you nodded your head in understanding, giving him a small sympathy smile as he excused himself to go talk to the police. You knew what you needed to do next, but that won't be until at least two or three hours, because that's when the police would leave. You walked over a block, towards the place where you came from.

You knew the Winchesters would pass that area, and not a couple minutes had passed when they did turn a corner heading for the house you had just left behind. You flagged them down, getting in the backseat, all wet from the rain. Dean wordlessly gave you a towel, not wanting you to drench his Baby.

You took it, rolling your eyes and putting it under you, but not saying a word to him and instead turning to Sam. 'So, we gotta get into the house. Lynda Bloom, the Head of Sales, was the one who died. Larry was there, he didn't what happened. Now, we need to see if it's a bug problem after the police is done with the crime scene.'

'You could have waited for us, you know,' Dean commented, mad at you for not talking to him yesterday. He didn't know what else to think then the fact that what his Dad said was true.

You sighed, 'If you're expecting an apology, you'd be disappointed. But I guess that's fine, I don't really see how I could fall more in your eyes.'

Sam shrunk in his seat, as much as he could, melting into the background as you conversed with Dean. You and his elder brother had both refused to tell him what exactly had happened. And he couldn't help the either of you unless he knew it.

Sam hated it when you two fought. He loved the idea of you two dating each other, but nothing was happening until you both got over yourselves and sorted out your emotions. At times like these was when he missed Namie the most.

Sam and Namie would always hate it when you two fought even as kids. You two had raised them up, and even the small things that caused explosive fights between you and Dean always affected Sam and Namie.

'If you don't want that to happen, then why don't you just explain it?'

'I would, but it would be hard for you to understand since you idolize that man, Dean,' you said, calmly. You had thought about this, and you had decided what was gonna happen. 'If you think that I'm using you, then fine. Because I'll be leaving after finding John, just like I told you I would last night.'

'Fine,' Dean snapped back. The tense silence that filled the car seemed to go slower than a frigging snail, but you held on, telling yourself that it was all for the best. The only thing that may have changed was the fact that instead of leaving on good terms with the brothers, you'd now just be leaving forever. You'd never meet them again after this. And you'd make sure of that, especially now that you know how Dean sees you.