3 - Bath

I never thought writing about how modern stuff works would be so interesting.

Also, warning for a mention of someone telling someone else to self-delete and the someone being dangerously close to obeying, which takes up a portion of the chapter (it isn't a single sentence). Please avoid that part of the chapter if you are uncomfortable with those things. The beginning is fine, however. I will place a warning.

Comments are welcome and appreciated!

Please enjoy!

~~~~~

I had been awake for three weeks. Nightmare's boys were very..interesting. They liked to play pranks on people, and because I was the "new kid," their victim was, unfortunately, me.

"Killer!" I whined, trying to shake a few pounds of flour off myself. 

"Yes, Dreamy?" He chuckled, wiping a bit off my shirt, and examining it. "Have you been trying to turn yourself into a cake, Dream?"

"I'm not cleaning this!" I shoved my broom into his hands.

"Feisty.." He hummed, looking at the broom. "Wait..Dream, don't let me do this! This is carpet!"

"You make the mess, you clean it!"

"What's the yell-" Nightmare walked in on our conversation, before staring at me. "What..happened?"

"He dropped a whole bag of flour on me!" I pointed at Killer. "He can clean his own mess, can't he?"

"Nightmare, have mercy." Killer pleaded.

"..Dream is right; you can clean up after your pranks, Killer." Nightmare was the best brother!

"Aw, man.." Killer groaned.

"Dream..you should probably take a bath."

"Where?" I questioned.

"...A bathroom?"

"What's that? I tried to take a bath before, but there weren't any tubs!"

"..You still haven't acquainted yourself with modern bathing, have you?"

"Nope!"

"..Follow me."

"Okay!"

Nightmare took me to the nearest "bathroom," and I recognized it, but I hadn't known what it was for! He began to point to things, explaining what they did.

"This is the bathtub, where we take baths." He said. 

"How do you get the water in and out of it?" I tilted my skull; there wasn't even a bucket! 

"..Dream, do you remember that one traveling merchant that came to the village one day talking about pipes that carry water into and out of houses?"

"Yep! He was crazy!" I giggled at the thought; pipes couldn't do that!

"No, he wasn't, Dream; the castle has pipes that carry water into and out of it."

"..But how?" I looked around for pipes, but I didn't see any!

"The pipes are concealed behind the walls. They are intended to release water when a faucet or some other type of water-bearing apparatus is used, like so."

He twisted a thing over the bathtub, and..

"Water!" I gasped; this was so awesome!

"These two valves control the water flow out of this faucet." He gestured to the two things. "This one send more hot water, while this one sends cold water. You want to twist both of them until you get your preferred temperature of water, all right?"