14 - Phoenix

Question: By the way, is Nightmare and Killer's goops' flavors related to their magic color? 

Answer: No, but that's cool!

Question: Excuse me, I'd like to speak with the manager. I did not order sadness with today's chapter. I would like a refund and ROBIN ALIVE!! How could you?! Why would you just kill him off?! This better be a set up for some awesome plot thingamabob.

Answer: Um okay, this is le manager. I know. Okay, I'll need your initials here and here. Because this has been planned since Robin was introduced. Same answer. Dw, it is.

Question: I literally *just* said that I was personally attached to Robin lest than ten minutes ago AND GO AND KILL HIM OFF!?!?!!!! WHY??? YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE MORE OF HIM! YOU SAID HE WOULD SHOW UP ENOUGH FOR PEOPLE TO NOT WORRY ABOUT HIM NOT BEING IN THE STORY!! Is Nightmare suddenly a master in the art of NECROMANCY?!?! PLEASE DON'T LET HIM BE DEAD FOR EVER!!!

Answer: I actually didn't read your comment until today, sorry. Please don't come for my kneecaps. There will be more, I promise! ;-; No, Nightmare is not a necromancer.

Guys it's okay Robin is just being epic.

Also, good job to Moss_Flowers, who guessed where this was going!

Comments are welcome and appreciated!

Please enjoy!

~~~~~

Robin. For your peace of mind.

~~~~~

I woke up. Well, that had been a stressful one, to say the least; I didn't usually try to delay things for so long. It still seemed to be nighttime, which was good, since I might have made it!

"Robin?!" A high-pitched scream rang out, causing me to flinch.

Yeah. I hadn't made it. I sighed as Dream's large hands pulled me into a hug; I had hoped that I could just die and come back to life while he was asleep, but, sadly, that hadn't worked out.  

"Robin, I was so worried;  don't ever do that again - where were you?!" Dream began to ramble, but Nightmare, who was behind him, effected his ceasing.

"Yes, what did happen to you, Robin?" He seemed upset; Dream put me down, and I noticed that everyone else was here, too. 

"Um..it's normal." I began, knowing that this was going to be a long night. 

"How is dying normal?" Horror questioned. 

"Uh..I guess I should start at the beginning, huh?"

~~~ epic flashback time

Most bitties were sent to shops when they turned a year old. I knew this. This wasn't a shop, though. This was a room that was entirely industrial white, and the glass case I was in wasn't a display case; there were no swing sets or sliding boards, and I didn't see any food bowls. Many people walked around, all in white coats, and many said things about me that I couldn't quite hear. One of them eventually approached me fully, and he began to speak to me.

"Since you are likely to die like the eight hundred before you, we are obliged to give you a final wish; do you have any?" He..wow.

"Um..what are you talking about?" I had no clue.

"We are conducting an experiment; you are our 857th test subject, and you have almost a one hundred percent chance of death. What is your final wish?"

"Uh.." I didn't feel comfortable; I wanted to go to a shop instead! "C-can I leave?"