A Very Normal, Uneventful, Boring Christmas

I wasn't thinking about this at the time, but this plotline is similar to an idea Free_Fart_Avenue had..so maybe that was subconscious inspiration? I dunno, but have some credit.

Also thanks to Gemi and Commander on the Discord server! :D

Speaking of Discord server, if you want to know where I've been for the past month, I've basically been chilling on the Our Multiverse Discord server. I've basically been taking a bit of a break from writing. It's a pretty fun place, if you wanna join; there are links in the Our Multiverse books, and the current author is DetachedGemini on Wattpad! So updates will still probably be slow for a while because I'm having a lot of fun over there. I don't know about updates picking up again anytime soon, but I'll do what I can. 

That's also why this is so short. Pro tip: don't try to have Discord and deadlines at the same time.

Comments are welcome and appreciated!

Please enjoy!

~~~~~

I was eight years old! My birthday had been a few days ago, and everything was going well..if well meant that I was stuck inside on Christmas. It wasn't the worst thing ever, but I wanted to go outside.."maybe next year, Dream," was the only response I got. Well, I supposed it wasn't all bad; Christmas was still a thing, nowadays! In all honesty..Christmas was probably the only holiday during which the villagers actually treated me like a person, when I thought about it. It was really fun, and I also ate more than I probably should have, back then. Christmas wasn't as fun as that had been, anymore; it was only one day long, now! It had used to be twelve! There were also no boars for dinner, anymore; Nightmare and the others were making turkey. Not that turkey was bad..but boar was just inherently better! Well, in any case, I was still excited; Christmas was Christmas! I had gone to sleep last night eager for today, and when I woke up, I instantly jumped onto Nighty's bed, where..

"Nighty?" I hummed in confusion; Nighty wasn't here..maybe he had gotten up early to help Horror with breakfast! "Okay, Nighty!" 

I nodded to myself. Nighty had never really liked Christmas, anyway, even though he had also been invited to join the festivities every year (the villagers had been obliged to invite him, after all!). Imagining the scent of Christmas breakfast, I ran over to my dresser and put my clothes on before treading over to Robin's little house, where I found the bitty asleep.

"Robin!" I whispered, nudging his shoulder with one of my fingers; I had to be careful with Robin when I woke him up, since he was fragile! "Good morning!"

"Morning, Dream.." Robin yawned, grabbing my finger and hugging it. 

"It's Christmas!"

"That's nice.."

"Come on, the others are already awake!"

"Okay, okay, just give me a second.." Robin finally started to get up, trudging over to his bitty-sized closet and grabbing his outfit for today.

When Robin was ready, he flew out one of the windows of his home and began to follow me as I walked through the corridors of the castle, heading toward the kitchen that Horror most preferred to cook in. To my surprise, he wasn't there. I hummed, turning to go to the second-most-preferred kitchen. No one was there, either. I walked a bit faster as I went to the next kitchen, and Robin flew to the fourth one. After we had checked all the kitchens in the castle, it was made fairly obvious that breakfast was already done, and the dishes were clean! I found no one in the dining room. With a sigh, I trudged toward the empty living room, staring at the presents under the tree..I couldn't even feel excited anymore. The others were gone. They had promised that they wouldn't go out today!