6 - Artist

Quick note: Ink isn't going to be evil in this one. I'm going to do my best to aim for chaotic neutral. He may (as in probably will) do some really bad stuff, since his morals will be almost nonexistent, but he isn't going to be downright evil. Just depraved.

Comments are welcome and appreciated! 

Please enjoy! 

~~~~~

Nine months had passed since I had been stone, and I had learned a lot. I now had a good understanding of friendship (Blue knew more about it than even Nighty, and he was happy to help me), and I would have wondered how I had fallen for the villagers' tricks if I hadn't seen the first day of it. Speaking of Blue, he was a great friend! After a couple weeks of constant asking and pestering, Nighty had allowed Blue to come over to visit! He visited about once every two weeks, and he was super cool! He was apparently a part of a group called the "Star Sanses," although it was only him and one other. Nightmare had been firm when he had told Blue about what he could talk to me about, and Blue had accepted his terms. As a result, I didn't know what the Star Sanses actually did, nor did I know who the other person in the group was. That was fine, though; Blue was a good friend to have, and I could see why Error enjoyed his company so much! Today, however, was just a normal day. Nighty and the others had gone out to do whatever they did when they went out, and I was doing some sweeping in the living room; I had no clue how the others managed to make such a mess in here! 

"Dream!" Nighty called me, and I realized that they were home! "Come here!"

With joy, I began to run to one of the nearby hallways, where my smile quickly dropped; the others were back, but they weren't alone..

"Dream, escort this prisoner to the dungeon." Nightmare looked to the person who was with the others.

"Yes, Nightmare." I nodded.

Without another word, I began to walk the unidentified person toward the dungeon, silently wondering who he was. He looked..a little messy. His clothes looked as if they had been dyed too many colors, and he seemed to have had some trouble with some black dye; there was some on his face. He also wore a weird sash that held small containers of dye..? He looked interesting. I would have to ask Nighty about him later.

"Who are you..?" The unknown person looked at me.

"Um, I'm Nightmare's servant." I answered.

"Why do you listen to him?"

"Because..I'm supposed to..?"

"You don't have to be afraid of him; if you'd like, I can get you out from under his power!"

"Um..I'm fine with staying here."

"Did he threaten you, or something? You don't have to fear, 'cause I'm here!"

"..Who are you?"

"..." He seemed surprised. "Ink? Protector of Alternate Universes?"

"I've never heard of you."

"..I guess he didn't want you to know that there was someone looking out for your best interests, then! If you'll let me out of these pesky magic-suppressing handcuffs, I'd gladly take you to somewhere Nightmare will never find you!"

"..." That thought frightened me; if I was taken somewhere, I wanted Nighty to find me!

"Oh, take all the time you need to think, but, uh, accept the offer before we reach the, uh dungeon, 'kay?"