5 - Kidnapped

Question: so what does night get from destroying au then a big jump of negativity?

Answer: Not really. Nightmare's main reason for allying with Error was to keep his boys out of the Destroyer's way; he didn't want any of them to be killed.

Comments are welcome and appreciated! 

Please enjoy!

~~~~~

I had been free from my stone prison for six months. Ever since Nighty and I had found out what had happened to tear us apart, he had been spending more time with me. He had said that he should have known about the villagers' treachery and that we had both suffered at their hands. He had been hurt and injured by them; I had been turned into their personal servant and source of joy. Nightmare had found that my views on the world were different from what they should have been, and as a result, he had decided to help me; he felt bad for not realizing it earlier, even though he shouldn't have felt bad..I hadn't noticed the obvious abuse and cruelty he had suffered until he had told me about it.

"So..friends aren't supposed to do their friends' chores for them?" I was still trying to understand everything; I had always done my friends' chores!

"No, Dream." Nightmare shook his skull. "The only instance in which that should happen is if help is offered, not demanded."

"What about meals?"

"What about them?"

"Well..I usually helped them since they said they'd have me for lunch or dinner."

"And did they?"

"..." I frowned slightly, remembering the times they 'forgot.' "S-sometimes.."

"How often was sometimes?"

"They just..they just had really bad memories.."

"How often did you eat lunch or dinner, Dream?"

"..Maybe once a month.." I whispered my answer, and Nighty sighed, hugging me; he had given me a lot of hugs in the past three months.

"What did you live on?"

"We were immortal.." I had recently learned that that was no longer the case, since our souls had been derived from the apples we had eaten, giving us mortality. "I didn't need to eat..and we had breakfast together, sometimes.."

"That is hardly an excuse, Dream..why didn't you tell me?"

"I..they told me I would be fine..that I shouldn't have complained about such little things.."

"Dream..did they ever hurt you?" Nighty hadn't asked that before.

"..." I didn't want to talk about that.

"Dream..I need to know what they did to you."

"..It wasn't bad." I replied. "Only..only a few of them ever did anything..it wasn't bad."

"Did the other ones try to protect you?"

"..No."

"Do you understand what's wrong here, Dream?"

"..Yes.."

"All right, then. The boys and I are going out for a while; we should be back before dinner."

"Why do you always have to go out?"

"Reasons, Dream."

"Can I come?"