10 - Taken

Question: Have you ever thought about Error taking care of kids. 

Answer: Um, actually, I haven't! That idea sounds fun, though, and I might try it in the future!

This chapter is a little bit fast-paced..but I think it's okay.

Comments are welcome and appreciated! 

Please enjoy! 

~~~~~

My seventh birthday had been three months ago, and I was happy! Everyone else was, too! Nighty and the others were happy, and Error was happy, too! Blue was..definitely happy. His last visit had been yesterday, and he had talked about tons of stuff, like how I would have enjoyed the stars of the universe known as Outertale, and he mentioned a lot of other universes yesterday; I had tried to change topics at some point, to no avail. I wondered if Blue had an obsession with other universes. In any case, that wasn't important; what was important was cleaning! I was currently mopping one of the hallways in the castle, while the others were out doing whatever they did that I couldn't help with (even though I would have been a great help, and I could have helped a ton with whatever it was!) when they left. I wished I could go see those universes Blue talked about..they sounded so interesting! With a short sigh, I went back to mopping the floor. Wooden floors were easier to clean than carpeted ones, and I was happy that this one was wooden; I could just mop it and leave it to dry! With carpets, I had to deal with fabric stains, and those were horrible, especially when they had been sitting for a week after no one had bothered to tell me about them! 

Anyway, I liked mopping wooden floors. Robin was currently in his little home, sleeping; he had been sleeping in later than usual recently..I hoped he was all right. He had assured me that he was fine, but he had seemed a bit..sluggish. I was going to ask Nighty about it soon. I hummed a tune that I enjoyed, one from my days..under the age of six. I remembered that it was played during festivals and celebrations, and I had always been happy in those times; I didn't have to work on days when there were celebrations..but that didn't stop the sudden overflow of things to do the next day. I sighed, shaking my skull; I wasn't there anymore, and I just had to remember that..as hard as it was. I continued to mop the floor. As I continued, I heard the sound of a portal opening, and I grinned; it sounded as if the others were back early for once! Maybe they had just been getting groceries; that always took a shorter time than when they did other stuff, and they would have come home about now if that was the case! I grinned happily, continuing my mopping at faster pace; maybe Horror would let me help with lunch if I finished in time! 

"Hey!" A voice I recognized shouted, but it wasn't one of the others..

"Huh?" I turned, seeing..Ink? What was he doing here..?

"Hi!" He waved, coming closer. 

"Um..you're not supposed to be here.." I backed up; I didn't feel good about this.

"Actually, I am!" He chuckled, still approaching.

"Why?" I didn't feel safe.

"To rescue you, silly! I told you I would, after all!"

"I don't need to be rescued!" I wanted Nighty!

"That's only what you think; now, let's go!" 

Ink moved to grab my arm, and I pulled it away. Taking everything concerning my situation into consideration, I made my next decision, and I ran. I dropped my mop, and I began sprinting down the hallway, desiring to get away from this crazed maniac who was now chasing me. I wished the others were home, because I was scared! I wanted Nighty! Nighty was big and strong, and he could protect me, but he wasn't here! I only made it to the end of the hallway before the short adult tackled me to the floor; I wished I could have been a faster runner.