Chapter 2: Hyosan Is Ground Zero

♤ "𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐮𝐭
𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧, 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫,
𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐰𝐡𝐲,
𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫,"

- 𝐋𝐏, 𝐓𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐞. ♤

 ♤

10:35am
May 16th
Hyosan high-school, infirmary

Mi-Ra ran to catch up to them but even if she was a good knife fighter, that didn't need much running and she ended up arriving two minutes late.

The first thing she saw was On-Jo, her friend and Suhyeok holding Hyeon-Ju by her body so that the girl won't be able to move. Then she noticed Ms. Park calling the ambulance while the nurse was preparing some kind of shot. Hyeon-Ju was grunting, her bones cracking and her head tilting weirdly and creepily. The nurse went to check her temperature which showed that her temperature was way too low and then she ordered the three students to hold a blanket over her body so she doesn't kick it off and she returned back to making the shot.

Hyeon-Ju growled, her body twisting as everyone held tightly. She began to hiss and open her mouth wide. Mi-Ra was terrified. Petrified even. But then she only smiled and leaned back on the wall, crossing her arms and watching. She was quite curious about what happened to the girl. In the last show she watched, 'Happiness', the weird people had white eyes and looked like total lunatics but Hyeon-Ju had red eyes and veins popping here and there. Still, it reminded Mi-Ra of the show and she wondered if Hyeon-Ju would suck her blood if Mi-Ra were to get bitten.

Sounded trilling.

"Hold her!" Shouted Suhyeok, looking between the two girls and now Ms. Park as she returned.

"Hyeon-Ju, it's okay." Tried Ms. Park and Hyeon-Ju calmed down a little, she began to watch them with her bloodied eyes blankly, her eyes wandering unsteadily. Her body was still twisted. From time to time, she would snarl and growl, bearing her teeth at them.

"Too hot." Mumbled Hyeon-Ju.

"Hang in there," said Ms. Park. "Your temperature is a little too low."

How could she feel hot if her temperature was so low?

"Too hot, too hot..."

"We're all here for you, so don't worry, okay?" Reassured Ms. Park.

"The science teacher gave me a weird shot." Comtinued Hyeon-Ju, staring up at the ceiling.

"A shot?!" Asked Ms. Park, horrified. "Mr. Lee Byeong-chan gave you a weird shot?!"