Chapter 8: I Wish I Hadn't Known

♤ "𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐩 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬,
𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞, 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭,
𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐫𝐲, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰,
𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐢𝐭,"

- 𝐋𝐏, 𝐓𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐞. ♤

☆07:00am May 17th Hyosan high-school, broadcasting room, second floor☆

07:00am
May 17th
Hyosan high-school, broadcasting room, second floor

Mi-Ra woke up few minutes ago from restless sleep. It didn't feel right to sleep anyway. There was no way of checking the time but according to the sun, Mi-Ra could see that it was still pretty early so she decided on letting the others sleep a little bit more. In the meantime, she decided to make the weapons she promised herself she'll make.

Getting up, the jacket slid from her shoulders and she briefly remembered last night before shaking the blush off and walking towards a sleeping Suhyeok and covering his body with his own jacket. She stretched her arms and yawned, looking around the room as others slept. The three boys on the ground were huddled together, the girls on the table were sleeping pretty good too and even Cheong-San and Gyeong-Su were sound asleep. Mi-Ra smiled softly before walking to the CDs and other materials she left at the side yesterday.

First she got the cardboard cutter and checked how sharp it was which was pretty sharp for a dull knife. Then she gathered the things she needed and sat back on her chair, immediately starting the cutting on CDs. Now, CDs weren't really sharp nor did they look like they could be used more than once but even the one time use could save some of them and it was all she had. Mi-Ra tried to keep as quiet as she could be while cutting and sharpening, not wanting to wake the others up.

"Mi-Ra!" Her mother shouted. "That's fucking nonsense! Get your act together and start acting like a Choi!"

Mi-Ra glared at her mother, the food long forgotten and the once somewhat warm air becoming cold. Somewhere behind Mi-Ra, the gramophone was playing a classical music which was quite ironic considering the tune was lively when their dinner was complete shit. Nam-Ra had her mouth shut but her hand was patting Mi-Ra's knee, comforting her the way she always had. But their father, God, that man was already half drunk on anger and half on alcohol.

"It's not nonsense," Mi-Ra coldly replied. "There's nothing wrong with losing interest in something you liked-"

"Quit stalling and continue ballet!" Shouted her father.

"How about no?" Mi-Ra asked, tilting her head. "What are you two to me? Why should I listen to you?"

Their father slammed his hand on the table while their mother gasped. Moments like these, when the two were making sure Mi-Ra and Nam-Ra knew they were a disappointment and were useless, those were the moments where the two adults looked like a couple. The way they agreed with each other, the way they yelled in one voice, had the same thoughts- all of it.