Chapter 27: City Of The Dead.

♤"𝐋𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞,
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧,
𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞, 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬? 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐢𝐫,
𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐢𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞,
𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞,"

"𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭
𝐎𝐧 𝐚 𝐠𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰
𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲, 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞,
𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭
𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭, 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫."

- 𝐒𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐩𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬, 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐎𝐟 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞. ♤

☆06:09amMay 19thForest/Yangdong☆

06:09am
May 19th
Forest/Yangdong

The next time Mi-Ra woke up, it was already the next day which made her realise that she had slept for more than eight hours.

She was still weak, that was for sure. Her ears were still ringing, her sight was still somewhat red and her strength had only returned by few inches. The injures and bruises were still there but now they were somewhat dulled, like you could still feel pain from time to time but it was much more bearable and toleratable. On the other hand, her thirst and hunger was sadly still there. Mi-Ra could hear everyone's heartbeats, she could see them in a red aura and whenever someone made a movement, her eyes snapped towards them like a hungry idiot.

Dae-Su was groaning from pain at the side, Gyeong-Su was mumbling something to himself and the rest were just staring blankly around until they all finally decided that they needed to move.

On-Jo let go of Mi-Ra's hand and walked few steps away.

"Let's go." Suhyeok told her. "Come on."

"I can't go on like this." On-Jo said, her voice broken. She was devastated. Cheong-San was her best friend since childhood, he was everything On-Jo ever knew. On-Jo turned to look at Suhyeok. "I'm sorry. Can you wait for just a sec?" She asked and began to walk towards the abandoned building but stopped and turned to look at Suhyeok. "Actually, never mind. You guys go ahead. I'll catch up with you."

On-Jo began to move again. Mi-Ra knew what On-Jo was trying to do, she wanted to see if Cheong-San was still there. She wanted to see if the boy could possibly have avoided the bombs and zombies and even though Mi-Ra was denying the reality of Cheong-San being gone, it was impossible for a miracle like that. But even so, she let On-Jo walk away.