Chapter 21: Run Rabbit, Run, Run, Run.

♤ "𝐈𝐟 𝐰𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧, 𝐰𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞,
𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐜𝐤
𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐬?
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐬,"

"𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬,
𝐖𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐚 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞,
𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐈𝐭'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭,
𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐫,"

- 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐒𝐭𝐲𝐥𝐞𝐬, 𝐒𝐢𝐠𝐧 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬. ♤

 ♤

23:45pm
May 17th
Hyosan high-school
School grounds

Cheong-San peaked out, cautiously watching the stairs before he nodded slowly at the rest and him and On-Jo moved first, then Suhyeok and Mi-Ra took their spots forward, followed by Dae-Su, Nam-Ra and Gyeong-Su. Wu-Jin had taken a metal stick before walking out, keeping close to Joon-Yeong while Hyo-Ryung and Ji-Min followed behind the two as thunder echoed all around them, scaring Mi-Ra and Nam-Ra.

Mi-Ra couldn't hear anything. Just like the zombies, her senses had gone dull and mixed. The noises were coming from everywhere and each thunder made her ears buzz and plug as if she was underwater so even when she heard zombies, she wasn't sure where they were or how close they were. Suhyeok was holding her hand while he held a wooden stick in his other hand and Mi-Ra held her pocket knife in her free hand. Honesty, how did the pocket knife survive this long, Mi-Ra had no clue.

The next thunder that came, lightened up the floor below the stairs and Cheong-San jumped a little upon seeing a half torn body while the rest jumped when Dae-Su shut the door a little too loudly.

"Careful," warned Hyo-Ryung.

"My bad, my bad!" Dae-Su whisper-yelled.

"Go on, Cheong-San, you will see a lot more gore soon enough, there's no need to stop now." Mi-Ra commented.

Cheong-San nodded and moved to walk but not before asking On-Jo if she was okay. Damn, you are in too deep, man. Mi-Ra thought but followed On-Jo and Cheong-San down the stairs anyway. First floor clear, no zombies in sight, no halfbies (aka Gwi-Nam or anyone else if there were more). Mi-Ra didn't really need Gwi-Nam right now, I mean, imagine fighting him when all you need is to be quiet and that fucker just ruined it? Yeah, Mi-Ra didn't want that.