06

06

"What do you think of my work, Ate?" I asked Ate Leonor who is sitting beside me as I show her my painting.

"It's a masterpiece!" She answer and smile.

"You're making my heart flutter." Natawa siya noong nakita niya ang namumula kong mukha.

I took a picture of the painting and sent it to Simon. Tuwing nagpipinta ako, sa kaniya ko madalas sinesend ang mga iyon bago i-post sa Instagram ko. He compliments each of my painting.

simon_marcos7: I like this one. Can I have it?

natashahelenasg: Of course, you can! You can get it tomorrow. Lagay ko lang finishing touches.

simon_marcos7: I was just kidding. I can pay for it. Your art deserves it.

nastahahelenasg: No, you can have it for free.

simon_marcos7: I insist. I'll pay for it.

natashahelenasg: Joseph Simon. I said no.

simon_marcos7: Fine. I won't pay for it.

I can give this one to him for free. He is the one who motivated me to get back at track to painting. I wonder if he will display this painting in his condo? Inalis ko sa isipan ko ang katanungan iyon. It doesn't matter kung ididisplay niya ba o hindi. Basta ibibigay ko sa kaniya ang painting na ito.

Iniwan ko sa easel ang painting habang pinapatuyo ito. I went to the kitchen and washed my hand at the sink. Nalagyan kasi ng paint ang kamay ko, pati na rin ang suot kong shirt.

It was a call from a cousin that got my attention. Kinuskos ko ang kamay ko gamit ang towel at pinindot ang answer button. I was surprise to see Ilyanna's name on the screen.

"Hello, Iya. What's the matter?" Ako na ang unang nagsalita dahil katahimikan ang bumalot sa amin sa loob ng sampung segundo.

"Uuwi ako ng Pilipinas. Lumalala raw ang kundisyon ni Papa. I can't live my life like the usual. Knowing that my Papa is struggling. Can I know if you are free to fetch me at the airport?" Hindi ako kaagad nakasagot.

Alam kong may cancer ang kapatid ni Papa pero hindi ko lubos akalain na lumalala pala ang kundisyon niya. He is receiving his daily treatment. How come?

"I'm sorry but I am currently in New York. Kailan ba ang balik mo sa Pinas? So I can ask Kuya Ranz instead." I asked her.

"First week of October. Please, I badly need your help..." She cried.

Umaaligid ang luha sa mata ko. I know how hard it is for her. Knowing that she lost her Mom hecause of an assasination attempt. Nanginginig ang kamay ko habang nagtitipa ng mensahe para kay Kuya Ranz.

Luckily, Kuya answered right away. "He is free to fetch you raw. And what happened to Tito Ry? He is getting his treatment, right? How come? Paano lumala?" I took the opportunity to ask.

Hindi siya kaagad nakapagsalita at tanging hikbi lang ang naririnig ko mula sa kabilang linya.

"His nurse told me that he is not drinking his medicines... And said na he wants to reunite with my Mom soon." Doon tumulo ang luha ko.

Tito Ry loves Tita Anna so much to the point he lost his smile and bubbly attitude when Tita Anna died. He blames his self for it. That time, he was running as the Mayor of San Fernando. Ang kalabang partido pala ang may sala sa assasination attempt kay Tita. They said that they are too scared to bring a Generoso back in the position.