13

13

Carrying the surname Generoso by the end of my name is a big deal for me and the people around me. Ever since I was young, the people around me have higher expectations because of the surname that I am carrying. I freaking hate it and want to get rid away of it but I've got nothing to do because it will always be a part of me

The pressure, fame, media... all of the things that I hate. I have experienced them because I am a Generoso. But I couldn't do anything but to just accept my fate in life.

Inside the conference room, everyone is quiet after hearing the announcement from Dad. The company is failing big time.

"Don't sell our industrial trade business, Kuya. That was Dad's first investment!" Tito Vin said after hearing that a rising company is willing to buy our industrial trade company.

"I know, Vin. I won't do that. Kahit na mahirapan pa ang kumpanya, hindi ko ibebenta ang unang itinayo ni Dad. I know the worth of the industrial trade..." It was a sigh of relief after hearing Dad say that.

Kuya EJ is present in this meeting. Ngayon lang siya nalinawan sa problemang hinaharap ng kumpanya. Ganyan din ang reaksyon ko noong nalaman ang balita kay Kuya Ranz. Kuya EJ is contemplating the root cause of the problem.

"I can't return to New York right away. I know you need my help." Finally at nagsalita na rin si Kuya.

"I was about to say that, EJ. You're a business-minded person. The company needs you." Si Dad.

I won't return to New York and will likely stay here until Kuya EJ decides to return there. I am cool staying in the Philippines since I can bond with Iya and Peachy more often. Aside from that, I can also help with the problem if Dad will ask me to.

I looked at Kuya EJ after hearing Tito Carlito's suggestion. Ipinahayag ni Tito Carlito ang ideya niya. He wants Kuya EJ to resign to the company he is currently part of and be part of the Generoso Group instead and stay here in the Philippines for good.

I can sense that Dad will disagree with that idea since he knows that the reason why Kuya EJ and his family migrated in New York is because of the harsh treatment of the press and media to him. Dad want to protect Kuya EJ that's why he suggested to Kuya EJ his plan and that is staying in New York for good.

"I'll give you time to think, EJ. It is not just the industrial trade who is at sake. But the whole Generoso Group that your grandfather founded." Tito Carlito is trying his very best to convince my brother.

Noong umalis ang mga kapatid ni Dad, doon humugot ng malalim na hininga si Kuya EJ. Siya ang na-hot-seat sa urgent meeting na iyon. Dad massaged the bridge of his nose while Kuya Gian is clicking his ballpen continuously.

"It is okay if you won't agree to Tito Carlito's plan, Kuya. I can shoulder it." Tiningnan ko si Kuya Ranz na seryosong-seryoso ngayon.

"You have a lot on your plate right now, Ranz. You are the COO of the company." Si Kuya Gian naman ang nagsalita.

"I'm not really interested with these kind of things... but I will do my best to help with the problem." I said to ease away the tension.

"Stay out of this, Nat. I don't want to stress you. Your brothers and I can handle this problem." Nagsalita si Dad at tiningnan ko. His look is assuring me that everything will be fine.

"But—"

"I'll do it." I stopped midway when I heard Kuya EJ say that.

"Son, are you sure about that? Don't make decisions yourself. You should consult Leonor first and then make a decision." Mahinahong sambit ni Dad.