secrets;

he didn't sense any bad intentions behind those lies. but it did confuse him further. why lie about it? she knows how she got here and why she was here, but she doesn't want to tell him. what is she hiding? he really wanted to know.

[y/n] made her way back into the living room. though a feeling of uneasiness washed over him when he noticed the look on her face.

"uhm, tanjiro," she started, her voice laced with concern. "please, be careful."

the boy tilted his head to the side in confusion, wondering why she would say that. "what—"

he stopped mid sentence when he noticed something wrong. he couldn't breathe.

his eyes snapped open as he was forced awake due to the lack of oxygen.

"do you know where the swordsmith kanamori?"

"woah! tokito-kun! did you pinch my nose?!" tanjiro shot up from the floor, grabbing onto his nose as he stared at the mist pillar.

"yeah, that was a really slow reaction."

"no! no! i mean i'd notice if you had malice or something!"

"well, i wouldn't pinch you if i had bad intentions."

"oh, well about your question, yes i do know him. i think he's with haganezuka-san. why?"

"he's my new swordsmith. where's haganezuka?" the mist pillar asked.

"wanna look for them with me?" tanjiro offered.

"why are you so concerned? don't you have other things to do?"

"helping others also end up being beneficial for you at the end of the day. and i wanted to go check up on them so nice timing!"

"wha... what did you just say just now? now... now..." the younger boy asked, as tanjiro's words had caught his attention.

"huh? nice timin— ow!" tanjiro yelled, grabbing onto his chin that got hit by nezuko's head.

"nezuko, you're up!" he greeted, "that hurt..."

"that's one strange creature there..." tokito mumbled, staring at nezuko with an uninterested look.

sensing that someone had arrived, their attention went to the entrance of the small house.

"oh? is someone here?"

"looks like it."

the screen slid open, revealing a sobbing demon as it crawled out from behind the door.

even though the demon's eyes were inside out, the pair knew in an instant that this demon was an upper moon. and in that moment, not even lasting the blink of an eye. tanjiro and tokito assumed battle stances.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"he must've figured it out just now, that really sucks..." the girl mumbled as she stared at the picture of her and tanjiro together.

gently closing the book, she let out a sigh. "tanjiro, please don't die. there's still some things i have yet to tell you."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
𓃥